Love Volunteers participant with two local kids Love Volunteers participant with two local kids

Work with Children in Uganda

I'd recommend this program to anyone considering going overseas

I spent two months in Uganda thanks to LoveVolunteers, and I couldn't have been happier with my experience.

I can't stress enough how helpful the team was when I was trying to organize this trip. Right from when I applied to be a volutneer, through to choosing my destination all the way through to the end of my trip, LV was a constant presence and I never felt disconnected from the people that put me there.

The program itself was great. The person running the project was friendly and made every effort to include me in the running of the orphanage at which I was working. This meant that every day was different- I collected firewood, I taught the kids, I helped with building projects on-site- I did a lot and it really made me feel like I was achieving something.

Uganda is a great destination and I can't recommend it enough to anyone looking to volunteer in Africa. If you do it through LV, you'll be in good hands.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review August 22, 2015 at 7:46 AM

Hi Greg! Thanks for the wonderful review and recommendation mate! Throughout your time volunteering with us you have had such a positive 'can-do' attitude, a kind heart and an open mind what ever challenges were presented to you. You have been a wonderful Love Volunteer and it has been our honor to participate in this experience with you. Thank you and we hope you can join us again soon! :)