Volunteering in the field of media and communications affords an especially deep insight into Cambodian culture. Volunteers who contribute their labour to free media will be raising awareness about health (HIV/AIDS), women's and human rights and democracy.
Those involved in the project may carry out some or all of the following activities: production of TV and radio programmes, short films and documentaries; website development; checking and correcting English; researching and writing articles and fundraising. Attendance for a minimum of five weeks is mandatory and some experience within this field is an advantage.
* Love Volunteers is a not-for-profit organisation that provides fun, rewarding, safe and affordable volunteering opportunities in developing countries around the world.
* Since Love Volunteers is a not-for-profit organization, it is one of the most affordable ways to help out in a developing country while being immersed in the local culture.
* Volunteers are accommodated either with a host family or in a guesthouse. In either case, one can expect to share a bathroom. Three meals are provided daily.
* Volunteers receive a one-day orientation course which covers aspects of Cambodia's history and culture and includes a city tour, an introduction to the Khmer Language and pointers regarding safety.
* The working week lasts from Monday to Friday with the number of hours per day varying between three and six. There is some flexibility for volunteers to arrange time off, if negotiated in advance. This allows the volunteer time for travel and to experience the country.