Volunteer Abroad & Make a REAL Difference - From US$175!

Working with Kids in Mombasa

At first, given recent terrorist events this year, I was a little afraid to go to Kenya for this program.
I considered switching to another country.

I'm so glad I didn't. This was a life changing experience. The kids are so fun to be around and they are very appreciative to the time and energy you can devote to them. Especially in Kenya right now, there are not many volunteers coming in because of people are scared. But, media and TV makes it sound far worse than it really is.

The irony is that I felt completely safe the entire time. Everyone was extremely friendly and warm.

I'm a beach person so I loved Mombasa as it sits right on the Indian ocean. I took the kids to the beach almost daily. We went swimming, taught them American football, ate amazing food and drak from Coconuts under the shades of Palm trees. I will never forget this place and I have plans to go back and visit the kids next July.

Teaching in Koh Samui, Thailand

Love Volunteers is a great company to have volunteered through. I enjoyed every second of my 3 weeks teaching English. I could not have asked for a better program or group of people to have discovered one of the most amazing countries in the world amongst. The cultural immersion taught me so much about the world and myself. If you are considering doing this program, I guarantee you will bring back memories that you will never forget!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review September 24, 2015 at 6:08 PM

Hi Becca! Thank you so much for the review and wonderful recommendation. We are so glad that you enjoyed your placement with us on beautiful Koh Samui Island, and that you clearly truly embraced the opportunity to be immersed in the Thai culture. We hope to have you back on the team soon!

Zambia - The Real Africa

I was part of Love Volunteers' efforts in Zambia and can't stress enough how great the experience was. Before finding LV I looked into other organisations like African Impact, which I almost signed up for. Not to discredit AI, but I am pleased with my choice. LV actually gives all the proceeds (except admin. fee) to the local NGO on the ground. Although I was a little scared since we were the first LV volunteers for this NGO everything went smoothly! I was picked up and dropped off at the airport. At the camp I had a nice chalet with mosquito nets, pillow, shower, toilet and light. The food was outstanding, plus you get unlimited drinking water.

The NGO in Zambia does a lot for the community in terms of building homes, administrative work and grocery shopping for the elderly home, employ locals, help the hospital when necessary, provide volunteers and supplies to the preschool and so much more. You know that the locals appreciate the work of the local NGO because they treat you with respect and always smile at you. The locals I met had nothing but good things to say about the effects of the NGO.

After four weeks in Zambia I've left with new friends, memories and renewed passion for people. If you can I suggest staying at least two weeks volunteering.

PS. Love Volunteer's local partner organization also offers safari trips to Botswana. I didn't do it but the other volunteer enjoyed every second of it.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review September 14, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Hi Tracy. Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderfully concise and insightful review. We are very proud of the wonderful programs we offer in Zambia, and of our amazing partners in this country who's passion for their local communities shines through in not only the wonderful work they are doing, but in how they receive and host valued international volunteers such as yourself. Thank you for the all the hard work and effort you put into your service placement, and for choosing LV :)

Ngora HCIV- Medical volunteer in Uganda

I chose Love Volunteers because of its flexibility, and the low cost of volunteering. I am very passionate about helping people and not just paying an organization so much money to explore and sight- see in another county. I was not disappointed, Special thanks to Mike, Kelly, Bazil, and the rest of the team. Because of them, my family just got bigger and I am excited about the lifelong connections I made.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review September 14, 2015 at 6:59 PM

Hi Sarah! Thank you so much for the wonderful review and recommendation. We are glad you had such a great experience with us in Uganda and are grateful for all of your help on this project. We hope you can join us again soon!

Building Veggie Garden in a School in a village in Tanzania

I volunteered for a week in an environmental program. The project was to build veggie garden in a school and plant more trees. I stayed in a hostel with home cooked local meals three times a day. The place was safe and secure. We took bicycle rides to the school everyday which was kind of an adventure. We come back for lunch because it was very hot to work during lunch time. I had the rest of the day for myself to explore town, socialise with travellers, or just relax.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review September 14, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Hi Anas! Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, and for all of your efforts on this community development project. Your hard work will benefit the people of the local community for years to come. Thank you once again, and we hope you can join us again soon!

Medical Experience in Senegal

Overall a great experience to repeat in the future, senegalese people are very kind and helpful, and in the hospital you have opportunity to see many things you won't see in developed countries. Conditions of safety and health in Dakar are relatively good.

Very Challenging to Work with the Blind in Pokhara_Nepal

There are many,..many programs for volunteers in Nepal !! I like my local program and it did not disappoint me.

I was happy with the Program I worked in Nepal.To work and live with the blind was not difficult at all. I received a very nice and warm welcome from them. For me, it's a great challenging that I had to learn and understand how to communicate with the blind. How to communicate with the blind taught me how to think both; as me and as the blind at the same time.

I worked directly with the founder and executive director and I also lived at his place with his family; a pregnant wife, a 7 years old son, a sister, and might have some relatives, visitors... The Home Office has an amazing view of Annapurna and Himalayas, fresh air,... and nice and cleaned location of residential area of Pokhara; very near British Gurhkas.

We did not only talked and shared ideas, opinions about the programs for the blind, but also share any information about living, hygiene, nutrition, culture, and more....

I wrote a proposal for fund raising to an international organization in Europe. I joined with them for any situation as much as I could, as a part of the family.

I think, the Blind program really needs more volunteers. Let's make different !!

Special thanks for Kelly, Mike, LV staffs and Keshab, Manoj of the local team. Guys, you did very professionally and very impressive for all suggestion, information, management, and friendliness.

View detailed rating

Memorable and fruitful volunteering experience

Love volunteers team had prompt response to every email that i sent. They followed the progress of the program application. Together with the local organization in Nairobi, Keny, they were very helpful in helping me get the Kenyan nursing license. They helped to arrange different attachments in different hospitals/ orphanage/ institutions. So that my exposure was enriched. I enjoyed this volunteering experience so much. And I would probably join again if I have another volunteering plan in the future.