Love Volunteers participant with two local kids Love Volunteers participant with two local kids

Volunteer Abroad & Make a REAL Difference - From US$175!

My experiences in Sri Lanka

I went to Sri Lanka with Love Volunteers together with my friend Jana. At first, we were quite nervous because we didn’t know what to expect, but as soon as we saw the country, we knew we were going to have the time of our lives.
We went to Badulla for 2 weeks and to Galle for 1 week. Our 2 weeks in Badulla were very nice. Every morning we went to the special school to teach some English and handwork to children with disabilities. This was a very interesting experience because we also learned a lot from the kids, for example: the deaf children taught us some sign language. After that we had some time to visit some places in and around Badulla. In the late afternoon we went to the girls orphanage to teach English. The girls were very sweet and they were eager to learn new things, we still miss the girls and the kids from the special school every day. The nice thing about staying in Badulla is that the volunteering centre is quite small, this gives you the chance to live close to the host family which is a nice cultural experience. We spent our last week in Galle, which was a beautiful place by the sea. There we went to the turtle farm to take care of the sea turtles and to clean the beach.
The people in the volunteering centres took great care for us and we felt very welcome in Badulla and Galle, they also helped us with deciding which places we could visit and they made delicious meals. For me, it was a life-changing experience and if I could go back right now, I wouldn’t hesitate for a second. Volunteering abroad changed my life, and it’s a perfect combo with travelling because it doesn’t only gives you the chance to see the country, you also have the chance to live with the local people.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review November 08, 2016 at 1:57 PM

Hi Kirsten,

It's fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your volunteering trip to Sri Lanka :-)

Such beautiful people and scenery can't help but captivate visitors - and volunteers get to see so more than the average tourist! As a volunteer you were able to have a positive impact on (and learn from) these naturally happy people. What an experience and it seems you made full use of your time to good effect.

It's great to hear your praise for the host family - such a wonderful opportunity to be immersed in the local culture, cuisine and family life :-)

Thanks again to both you and Jana for being awesome Love Volunteers and all the very best for the future.

The Team @ Love Volunteers

Boy, Ghana sure stole my heart!

Ghana stole my heart. I cannot explain how sacred this journey was. Not only did I become a member of a beautiful family of 50 children; but I gained a much better understanding of myself and the world around me.
As Americans, our worth and happiness is based upon our materialist mindsets. We all fall victim to unnecessary complaining, judgment and negativity. Unknowingly, we let our egos get in the way of the interactions we have with ourselves, others and the world around us. We forget how auspicious our lives are here in America and (me included) take a lot of things for granted.
In Ghana I witnessed joy, love and happiness like I’ve never seen before. The kids at the orphanage live beyond what you and I would consider minimal; yet they are the most grateful, compassionate and intelligent humans I have ever met. The kids range from 2-23 years old; most have never seen a computer and none of them have phones. They don’t have social media; therefore, their interactions and relationships are genuine and unfeigned. Their culture is flip flopped to that of America.
People live on .25 American cents a day which in their currency is 1 cedi. Their minimum wage per WEEK is 5 cedi’s which is equivalent to $1.50. Yet this is all they need to survive and never did I hear a complaint.
They are the most magnificent people that I have ever had the privilege learn and grow with. I am already planning my trip to go back during Christmas. Always sending my love and blessings to everyone who shared their lives and their wholesomeness with me.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review August 11, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Hi Jessee,

Your passion leaps off the page! It's so wonderful to hear that you had such an amazing experience volunteering with the orphans in Ashanti.

Thanks for sharing this heartfelt review to encourage other volunteers.

Fantastic that you intend to head back to help out again over Christmas. What better time to put a smile on so many little faces :-)

All the very best and thanks so much for being an amazing volunteer.

The Team @ Love Volunteers.

Clinical volunteer in South Africa

This volunteer was amazing! I got to do clinical work you can't even think of doing in America unless you have a degree. The volunteer itself did not take up most of your time, and I was able to participate in various cultural activities as well! Definitely would recommend.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review July 14, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Hi Stephanie,
    Thanks for your praise of our Medical program in South Africa. This program is perfect for those with little or no prior experience in the medical field and we're excited to hear that you were able to learn so much!
    All the very best for your career in medicine - come back and join us again and share your newly acquired skills :-)

A summer with monks

A few months back, I was fortunate to stumble upon Love Volunteers while looking up volunteering opportunities abroad. I instantly got interested in the programs they had to offer. Out of the many programs I went through, 'Teaching at Monasteries' in Nepal caught my eye. I had been wanting to travel solo as well as experience volunteering in a different country, and this program seemed to be the perfect fit! Ever since I mailed them for the first time, Love Volunteers had been nothing but supportive and prompt. Apart from sharing a detailed guidebook about the country and the program, they answered all my queries promptly.

Having just a month off work in summer, I could afford to spend 3 weeks at the monastery. Those 3 weeks spent in Nepal have undoubtedly been one of the best times in my life! I met some lovely people, made life-long connections, traveled, taught, learnt and gathered tons of amazing memories! Staying at a monastery and interacting with monks was in itself a unique and wonderful opportunity, and I feel very fortunate to have experienced the same. Teaching at the monastery definitely had its own challenges, as they relied only on volunteers for academics (English, Math etc.) and there wasn't a curriculum in place. If you tend to get involved with the students and take your teaching seriously, then it gets challenging because all students have different abilities and levels, and ideally one needs to cater to their individual needs. That is possible when you have many volunteers on site, otherwise can be a bit difficult. Nonetheless, teaching and interacting with the lovely monks is really enjoyable, and one sure learns a lot!

Such experiences definitely teach you a lot, expose you to much more in life and probably make you grow as a person. One gets to experience life in a totally different context, often without the luxuries and comforts one is used to. However, what you gather is way more valuable - friends, experiences, memories, learning. It's all worth it. My words may not do justice to what I experienced, felt and learnt. All I can say is it was one of the best experiences in my life, and I wish I could have stayed longer! Would love to go back sometime.

Would definitely recommend Love Volunteers and this particular program to whosoever wishes to volunteer abroad and make a difference! :)

• Love Volunteers responded to this review July 05, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Hi Mahima,

Thank you so much for your kinds words and praise. It's such a pleasure to play a small part in putting volunteers where the need is greatest and we're so pleased to hear that you were happy with our service and the program :-)

Your descriptions of the challenges involved with Teaching in situations where resources and staffing are extremely limited is really helpful! You are so right that more volunteers would make the job so much easier! Hopefully your review will encourage more volunteers to go to Nepal.

We too would love it if you have an opportunity to volunteer again in the future!

Uganda

I had an amazing time in Uganda with Love Volunteers! Love Volunteers answered all my questions in a timely manner and ensured that my trip to Ngora,the town I stayed in, was very comfortable. The volunteer house was also very comfortable and safe. During my time in Uganda I volunteered at the health center. I enjoyed the hands on work with the patients. I was able to deliver baby's and administer IVs and immunizations. All the staff at the health center was very friendly and welcoming and always willing to teach me new things. I was also able to experience Ugandan culture and the way of live in a small town in Africa. The 4 weeks in Ngora were definitely life changing!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review July 05, 2016 at 6:40 PM

Hi Sandra,

Thanks so much for taking the time to give this glowing review of your time in Uganda on our medical program in Ngora.

Wow, what a fantastic opportunity to be hands-on in a medical capacity and help to deliver babies and generally make sure that patients were well cared for. Thanks so much for your enthusiasm and skills!

All the very best for your future endeavours and we would love to have you back on the team again :-)

A wonderful volunteering experience in Sri Lanka through Love Volunteers

This 2-week experience organized by Love Volunteers Programs was the most satisfying and amazing one of my life. I spent my days in Sri Lanka, teaching English in a nursery and then teaching Sign Language in a special school. I loved taking up the responsibility of teaching English in an environment where its use was severely lacking. Everyone here in Sri Lanka is very accommodating and nice. I got to explore Sri Lanka over the weekends when I did not have any work. It is the most beautiful country in the world. Sometimes 2 weeks did not seem enough time, but I did my best while I was there. I hope I have left an impact on the local community, while they continue to grow stronger in their education. I'll be taking back many memories of this great program.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review June 22, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Hi Rolph,

Thank-you for this great review of our programs in Sri Lanka. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I can assure you that your efforts working with the children are most appreciated!

It's been a pleasure to work with you to make this volunteering trip a reality and thanks for giving your time and skills to further the education for children of Sri Lanka.

We wish you all the very best in the future!
    The Team @ Love Volunteers

An invaluable experience with my medical program in Argentina

Hello future volunteers! If you are looking to gain more clinical experience while perfecting your Spanish, than this program is definitely for you! I am a pre-medical student at the University of Pittsburgh who decided to spend two weeks in Buenos Aires, Argentina volunteering at Hospital de Clinicas. That decision was one of the best I have ever made. I worked in the departments of pediatrics and gynecology for the majority of my time. I got to shadow a variety of physicians in clinical scenarios, interact with patients, attend medical lectures, tour the medical school, and so much more in my short time abroad.

One of the best parts of my experience was building connections with the medical personnel in Argentina. I truly grew close to the staff and felt very comfortable around them. All of the physicians were very receptive to my questions and were willing to teach me a variety of things. We had discussions ranging from the human anatomy to the Argentinian healthcare system. Conversing with them every day really improved my Spanish, especially my medical terminology. By the end of my two weeks I was able to better assist physicians by providing medical tools, supplies, and anything else they required.

Working directly with the patients was an extremely enriching opportunity. I got to play with kids prior to their appointments with the physician, but more importantly I got to teach them to feel comfortable at the doctor's. Interacting with the kids one on one gave me the chance to teach them valuable lessons such as the importance of check-ups, eating healthy foods, and exercising regularly. In the gynecology department, I was able to oversee consultations and various clinical procedures. I met a variety of patients, each with a different situation that exposed me to treatment plans and healthcare issues. Since I have already shadowed and worked in both departments in the United States, I was able to see many differences, but more interestingly I was able to see many similarities!

Beyond the medical aspect of this program, there are many other great opportunities that you should take advantage of. For one, I worked closely with the Spanish School near my hostel in order to perfect my Spanish and better get to know the natives. Additionally, I became close friends with fellow volunteers that I was able to share my experience with. These are friends that I am sure to have for a lifetime. Since I only volunteered mornings to mid-afternoons I had the opportunity to go out at explore the beautiful city of Buenos Aires. Buenos Aires is truly "the Paris of South America." The food, people, culture, music, architecture, and overall liveliness of the city was energizing.

While I wish that I could have extended my stay, I know I will be back! I am forever grateful to Love Volunteers for giving me this invaluable experience! I am happy to recommend this program! Best of luck.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review June 01, 2016 at 12:42 PM

Dear Jessica,

Wow! What a superbly detailed and well written account of your time volunteering in Buenos Aires. This is super helpful to future volunteers so thanks for sharing :-)

We're always pleased to hear volunteers praise the staff on the programs we work with and, based on your account, we will recommend this program to future pre-med students wishing to shadow and learn about the medical field in a different country.

It's wonderful to hear that you explored and enjoyed the many benefits of staying in Buenos Aires; "the Paris of South America" is indeed an apt description.

We wish you all the very best for the future and thanks again for being a fantastic Love Volunteer!

The Team @ Love Volunteers.

Kathmandu, Nepal

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience! My problem was that I could only do 2 weeks, so I am unsure about the impact that my help may have had. I worked at a school for the first week, and then spent the second week at a monastery teaching young monks English.
The school were getting ready for exams and the kids were preparing for that. Their level of spoken and written English was good - I was surprised as I am a teacher, and I hadn't expected that. They were from a poor background, but they were all in uniform and took pride in their work and school. They were great fun to work with.
Living at the monastery was another great experience. Just seeing their whole routine was interesting - they were just like normal kids! They had no resources, but I had brought some laminated paper and whiteboard markers, so they had something to write with. Later in the week I managed to buy some exercise books and pencils, so they could start building up a record of the work that they had covered.
Probably the best part of the experience, was meeting such a range of interesting dedicated volunteers from all walks of life - both young and old (me!) - I was so impressed with them! I would certainly do it again!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review April 28, 2016 at 5:57 PM

Hi Steve,
    Thanks so much for this wonderful review of our programs in Nepal.
    Be assured that your 2 week contribution made a real difference! You were able to help the children prepare for exams and provided much needed resources. I can also see that your presence alone made the children happy.
    Isn't it wonderful to see how keen these kids are to learn!
    Thanks again for taking this opportunity and we wish you all the very best for the future.

A special trip

I volunteered in the nursery care program for abandoned babies and fell in love with Tirana. The last weeks have been wonderful. The people I have met, the babies, all the kindness from everyone and the charm of Albania made this trip very special! Thanks a lot!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 30, 2016 at 5:09 PM

Hi Maren,
    Lovely to hear about your wonderful experience volunteering on our program in Tirana.
    Thanks so much for contributing to this worthwhile cause and all the best for your future endeavors.

School Rennovation in Koh Samui

Working with Love volunteers was amazing! They were so helpful from start to finish throughout the whole program. During my experience in Koh Samui, I really got to learn about the culture, customs, and the needs of the community.

I've found it incredibly inspiring witnessing how others live so happily with bare essentials;even businesses are operated right out their homes. It's no question why this land is known as "the land of smiles." Even in the toughest situations a smile remains on their faces. In Thailand, they live off of "Thai-time"-which means going with the flow. Most classrooms take place on the bare floors outside. No rooms, no desks, no pens... Just floorspace.

For building and repairing their educational needs, we've utilized sand and hoes to make cement by hand. A task that's taken weeks to do would take hours using machines but this is how they live- happily going with the flow.

If there is one thing I've learned there is to appreciate life as it comes. Not stress on details or solutions, rather take every moment in as it is.

I would definitely recommend Love Volunteers if you're looking for an opportunity to travel and give back to the world!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 21, 2016 at 4:59 PM

Hi Jessica,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this fantastic review and give future volunteers an insight into "Thai-time".

Isn't it fantastic to see how happily people manage with what we think of as the bare necessities of life.

Volunteers need to learn to 'go with the flow' when on placement and it sounds like you totally mastered this ability as well as being open to the local way of life and making the most of what was available and appreciating the little things in life.

Thanks for being an awesome volunteer in Koh Samui!

Amazing experience in Bosnia with LV

It was so exciting to be part of this amazing program, attended by over 250 children and their families. I still wish I spoke and understood lokalni jezik (the local language) better, but I will try to keep learning and studying back in England. Anyhow the children reminded me that there are other ways to communicate and that the language of sharing smiles and friendship is universal. Thank you for letting me be involved!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 16, 2016 at 4:09 PM

Thank you for being involved Sarah!

We're really pleased you mentioned the language challenges. We encourage volunteers to have at least the basics of the local language as it makes for a much more rewarding experience for everyone involved.

Of course not everyone has the time (or the natural aptitude) to learn a new language in a small space of time and the most important thing to take away on a volunteering placement is a willingness to learn; to try even when things are challenging and to be flexible and ask for help when it's needed.

All the best for the future. We'd love to have you back on the team again!

My volunteer experience

There is not enough room on any page or enough words in any dictionary to fully describe my experience with Love Volunteers and their local team in Bolivia. Last year I volunteered with the Community Development project through LV and this year I came back for more! This is an organization that I love and has such a special place in my heart. The children, the other local staff, volunteers have all shared the best times with me in Cochabamba, and I am eternally grateful for the blessing and privilege of having worked there. It is an amazing project, and although small, the vision is big! It is an experience that will allow you to learn so much about yourself and others in such a short amount of time! You will surely grow, laugh, have frustrations, smile, dance, eat, eat, and eat and gain a new perspective on some things of life! If you are creative, are ready to take initiative, give input and new ideas, and have fun while being willing to have an open-mind and put others before yourself, and ready to be blessed with a very unique experience, I highly encourage you to consider being part of this wonderful project!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 16, 2016 at 4:04 PM

Wow, we're humbled by your enthusiasm for helping others - and life in general!

Thanks so much for being an absolutely amazing volunteer on this incredibly worthwhile program in beautiful Bolivia.

The attributes you list: creative; initiative; open-minded; putting others before yourself; ready for a unique experience.....

These are the most important characteristics any volunteer can have!

Thanks again,

Fascinating and rewarding

My experiences in Mongolia were fascinating and rewarding. I was at the Orphanage Centre for a week where 75 children ranging from 2 years to 18 years are cared for. I created a Zumba class for the teenaged girls or some sewing projects. I also started making bed covers for one of the girls' dorm rooms, which co-volunteers were continuing after I departed. I am grateful to you for all the help you gave and will likely be in touch for other Love projects at another time.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 10, 2016 at 4:41 PM

Dear Suzanne,

Wow, what an impact you had in Mongolia! It's wonderful to hear you used your initiative and skills to set up activities for the girls that will enrich their lives. We're sure they particularly loved the Zumba classes!

We're so pleased to hear they will be continuing the sewing lessons as this is a valuable skill to have and will help them to save (or even make) much needed funds.

We would absolutely love to have you on any one of our programs in the future so stay in touch!

GO for it!!

Going to a different country, living with people you have never met before can be a bit intimidating, but by the time one realizes the experience he is about to live, everything changes. People in Guatemala made us feel like we are at home. The Love Volunteers local team are very welcoming and the staff are very helpful with everything you might need. Our host family treated us exactly like family. Guatemala is a beautiful country which deserves to be both explored and helped by volunteers. I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 10, 2016 at 4:38 PM

Hi Symeon,

It always brings a smile to our faces to hear about our volunteers having such amazing and rewarding experiences all over the world.

We constantly get feedback about how awesome the host families are and how they make volunteers feel so welcomed.

Thanks for promoting this wonderful program and for contributing in such a meaningful way!

The Team @ Love Volunteers

I will never forget this experience!!

Living in the bush of Australia, surrounded by such amazing creatures, was like living a dream. The people I met were amazing, most having dedicated their lives to saving the lives of the rescued animals. They raise the precious animal orphans so that they can be released back into the wild when they are old enough and can take care of themselves. I'm so very happy and proud to have been there and experienced this project, if only or a for a short while. What a journey! I will miss it so much!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 10, 2016 at 4:34 PM

Hi Claudine,

What a wonderful experience! We're so pleased to have been able to help with this life-changing journey.

Thanks so much for lending a hand in Australia and being a part of the important work with animals.

We wish you all the best for the future and would welcome you back on the team anytime!

The Team @ Love Volunteers

Working with children in orphanages

My experience at the orphanage was phenomenal. Even though I was immersed in a different country's values, working with the children further reinforced how similar kids' behaviors are across different cultures. The orphanage was really nice and the children were delightfull
I fell in love with Cusco , the city is amazing and i felt really safe.
I had the priviledge to stay with a great Peruvian family, the where awesome, i felt like at home and nowadays we are still in touch.
I highly recommend this experience.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 07, 2016 at 4:41 PM

Hi Cecilia,

Wow, what a wonderful insight into volunteering in Cusco!

We love your comments about children being just the same all around the world :-)

Volunteers often have concerns before they travel about the safety of various locations and it's always great to see comments directly from volunteers such as yourself, (which we hear again and again) about how safe they feel on placement

We work diligently with our trusted local partners to ensure volunteers feel safe and are as comfortable as possible (taking into account the deprivation the and lack of facilities in most of the volunteering locations). It's great to hear we are succeeding.

Working with Kids in Mombasa

At first, given recent terrorist events this year, I was a little afraid to go to Kenya for this program.
I considered switching to another country.

I'm so glad I didn't. This was a life changing experience. The kids are so fun to be around and they are very appreciative to the time and energy you can devote to them. Especially in Kenya right now, there are not many volunteers coming in because of people are scared. But, media and TV makes it sound far worse than it really is.

The irony is that I felt completely safe the entire time. Everyone was extremely friendly and warm.

I'm a beach person so I loved Mombasa as it sits right on the Indian ocean. I took the kids to the beach almost daily. We went swimming, taught them American football, ate amazing food and drak from Coconuts under the shades of Palm trees. I will never forget this place and I have plans to go back and visit the kids next July.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 10, 2016 at 4:32 PM

Hi Aaron,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your volunteering experience with others.

You are not alone in your fears about safety when travelling and it's fantastic to hear, time and time again, that volunteers find their safety fears unfounded.
    Kenya continues to be a popular destination for our volunteers and we hope that many more, like yourself, have an amazing time and enrich the lives of indigent Kenyans.

It's fantastic to hear you are going back to Mombasa to re-connect with the program in July. All the best!

Teaching in Koh Samui, Thailand

Love Volunteers is a great company to have volunteered through. I enjoyed every second of my 3 weeks teaching English. I could not have asked for a better program or group of people to have discovered one of the most amazing countries in the world amongst. The cultural immersion taught me so much about the world and myself. If you are considering doing this program, I guarantee you will bring back memories that you will never forget!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review September 24, 2015 at 6:08 PM

Hi Becca! Thank you so much for the review and wonderful recommendation. We are so glad that you enjoyed your placement with us on beautiful Koh Samui Island, and that you clearly truly embraced the opportunity to be immersed in the Thai culture. We hope to have you back on the team soon!

Zambia - The Real Africa

I was part of Love Volunteers' efforts in Zambia and can't stress enough how great the experience was. Before finding LV I looked into other organisations like African Impact, which I almost signed up for. Not to discredit AI, but I am pleased with my choice. LV actually gives all the proceeds (except admin. fee) to the local NGO on the ground. Although I was a little scared since we were the first LV volunteers for this NGO everything went smoothly! I was picked up and dropped off at the airport. At the camp I had a nice chalet with mosquito nets, pillow, shower, toilet and light. The food was outstanding, plus you get unlimited drinking water.

The NGO in Zambia does a lot for the community in terms of building homes, administrative work and grocery shopping for the elderly home, employ locals, help the hospital when necessary, provide volunteers and supplies to the preschool and so much more. You know that the locals appreciate the work of the local NGO because they treat you with respect and always smile at you. The locals I met had nothing but good things to say about the effects of the NGO.

After four weeks in Zambia I've left with new friends, memories and renewed passion for people. If you can I suggest staying at least two weeks volunteering.

PS. Love Volunteer's local partner organization also offers safari trips to Botswana. I didn't do it but the other volunteer enjoyed every second of it.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review September 14, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Hi Tracy. Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderfully concise and insightful review. We are very proud of the wonderful programs we offer in Zambia, and of our amazing partners in this country who's passion for their local communities shines through in not only the wonderful work they are doing, but in how they receive and host valued international volunteers such as yourself. Thank you for the all the hard work and effort you put into your service placement, and for choosing LV :)

Ngora HCIV- Medical volunteer in Uganda

I chose Love Volunteers because of its flexibility, and the low cost of volunteering. I am very passionate about helping people and not just paying an organization so much money to explore and sight- see in another county. I was not disappointed, Special thanks to Mike, Kelly, Bazil, and the rest of the team. Because of them, my family just got bigger and I am excited about the lifelong connections I made.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review September 14, 2015 at 6:59 PM

Hi Sarah! Thank you so much for the wonderful review and recommendation. We are glad you had such a great experience with us in Uganda and are grateful for all of your help on this project. We hope you can join us again soon!

volunteering at an orphanage

It was one of the best decisions in my life to go to Ghana for Volunteering. I will never forget this experience. I've received so much love from all the people there. I feel in the love with the kids there, i think anyone will do! I can totally recommend you going there. This is something you will carry in your heart a lifetime.

Beside all the medical preparation beforehand I can recommend you to go there with an open mind and heart and it will be the best time in your Life.
Everyone is so helpful and caring that you will feel like you are visiting family! :)

• Love Volunteers responded to this review August 22, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Hi Johanna. Thanks for the wonderful review and recommendation! Throughout your time volunteering with us you have had such a positive 'can-do' attitude, a kind heart and an open mind what ever challenges were presented to you. You have been a wonderful Love Volunteer and it has been our honor to participate in this experience with you. Thank you! :)

I didn't want to leave!

My volunteering experience with the media project was beyond words. The wonderful woman who runs the organisation, Theary, was an absolute treasure. She took a lot of time to explain how the nitty gritty of how NGOs operate, and would take me with her to everything from conferences and meetings to her family friend's wedding. Needless to say that thanks to her I saw so many different sides of the real Cambodia. On top of that, the work was really fulfilling. The days were long, so you felt your time is being used well and you can really see the effects of the effort you put into it.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review July 13, 2015 at 4:19 AM

Hi Grace! Thank you so much for the wonderful review and recommendation of this project. We are glad that you have had such an amazing experience with us in Cambodia and hope you can join us again soon :)

Volunteering with children with disabilities, Quito.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Quito. Getting to know the children and helping to care for them was a brilliant experience. Day to day living with my host family, volunteering and taking Spanish lessons all became part of a very pleasant routine. I also enjoyed my free time and weekend trips out of town. The entire process was quite simple with Love Volunteers. I would recommend it highly.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review July 02, 2015 at 4:11 AM

Hi Andrea. Thank you for the excellent review and the wonderful recommendation. We are thrilled that you had such a great experience on this program, and we hope you can join us again soon! :)

Love

Absolutely life changing! Everything about the experience was breathtaking. Love Volunteers and their local team were there for me every step of the way to make sure that everything went to plan and I had the best experience possible.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review June 19, 2015 at 2:44 AM

Hi Brittany. Thanks for the wonderful review and the recommendation. You were an amazing Love Volunteer and we hope to have you join us again soon! :)

Teaching English to Buddhist Monks

These 4 weeks of volunteering in a temple were above and beyond all my expectations. I feel that I’ve been fortunate to take part in a very meaningful project. Additionally, I’m grateful to have left my imprint on novice monks whom I taught and who taught me just as much. My daily visits in the temple made me feel like a member of this huge family of Buddhism, and that is something that no tourist experiences.
In addition, this month was a lot more than just teaching; I’ve had the opportunity to learn about a whole new culture through its language, traditions, tastes, and sceneries. The fact that volunteers have the weekends off allowed me to travel around Chiang Mai and take tours outside of the city. It created even more experiences and memories that I’ll never forget.
For everyone who is looking for an interesting way of traveling, I would recommend that they join one of the projects and get ready for a mind-opening experience.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review July 02, 2015 at 3:54 AM

Hi Elior! Thank you so much for the wonderful review and the recommendation. You have been an exemplary volunteer right from the beginning with your positive can-do attitude and your commitment to the program. You have not only greatly benefited the project, but have allowed yourself to truly embrace this experience and get the most out of it. From the entire team here at LV, thank you and we hope to have you join us again soon! :)