Teaching English in Albania

Fun teaching English

I spent 4 weeks working with the children on English I left a few notes about vocabulary and grammar subjects we covered. I hope they continue to have fun while learning.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 30, 2016 at 5:06 PM

Hi Linden,

Thanks for taking the time to teach the children in Tirana and for leaving notes to help future volunteers.
    It's been a pleasure being part of your volunteer experience and we wish you all the best for the future.
    The Team @ Love Volunteers

A wonderful experience

I volunteered for 10 days in Tirana to teach English to the children. It was a wonderful experience. I fell in love with the children, the people and the culture. Thank you!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 30, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Thank-you!
    For participating on this wonderful program and enabling the children of Tirana to progress with their English.
    I'm sure they fell in love with you too :-)
    The Team @ Love Volunteers

Volunteering in Albania

I had never visited Albania before. In fact, the country had never been on my radar of travel destinations. But I'm so glad I thought outside of the box and took a volunteer opportunity there!
I was in Boga, Albania, a little town of about 400 people situated in the northern part by the Albanian Alps. To say it was picturesque is an understatement. It was an absolutely beautiful place! Small and remote, it was a nice chance to see people living a totally sustainable lifestyle. It was a window into a lifestyle I knew nothing about. The people were warm and friendly and open to having someone visit their small town where they don't get many visitors.
I taught English in the little schoolhouse there for about 3 weeks. The kids were enthusiastic and I was really impressed that they came during the summer after their farm chores. They taught me a lot about Albania and I was able to visit other areas farther north.
I'm glad I went to see this little corner of the world and its people.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review August 22, 2015 at 8:22 AM

Hi Kristen! Thank you taking the time to review this program, we are so pleased that you had such a wonderful time and really enjoyed the experience. Looking forward to having you join us again soon! :)