In close collaboration with our partners in Russia, Love Volunteers is offering placements in this astounding country with its incredibly rich history. The profile of a volunteer is not fixed or narrow; people from every type of background embark on volunteering. While many make the decision to volunteer during a gap year, others find that a stint volunteering is a rewarding option when between jobs. Giving a genuinely new perspective on life, volunteering can broaden one's outlook, provide insights into other cultures and open up avenues for forming lasting friendships.
When volunteering in Russia, you engage with people eager to introduce you to their country. The Volunteer in Russia is likely to be moved by the plight of the people they meet, while knowing that you need to remain focused on the job in hand. All of this helps you to develop as a person.
Our partner works with a number of teaching and child care programs. Due to the nature of volunteering in Russia these can change often. For more information please submit an application with your details, planned dates and background. We will contact our local team and send details of current availability.
* Love Volunteers is a not-for-profit organisation that provides fun, rewarding, safe and affordable volunteering opportunities in developing countries around the world.
* Since Love Volunteers is a not-for-profit organization, it is one of the most affordable ways to help out in a developing country while being immersed in the local culture.
* Love Volunteer's partner NGO gives assurances that it has directly selected the St. Petersburg host families with whom the volunteers are accommodated. All such homes are located within the centre and within comfortable distance of a metro (underground) station. Staff members have checked in person to ensure that rooms are up to standard and contain facilities for studying as well as sleeping.
* Volunteers may arrive on any day of the week. After being met at the airport, they are taken straight to their host family where they can at once settle in to their accommodation. On their first Monday, volunteers are introduced to the language school, which has its premises in the Central District. They each receive a Welcome Pack comprising written details about the city and school as well as a city centre map. There is also a helpful guide to St. Petersburg's restaurants, bars and night clubs, with recommendations.
* The week runs from Monday to Friday. Commencement times vary depending on whether classes or work placements are under way. Weekends are an opportunity for travel further afield. The most highly recommended destinations for visitors are lively capital city Moscow and the stunning Lake Baikal, as well as St. Petersburg where some of our programs take place.