Love Volunteers Header Image Love Volunteers Header Image

Teach French, English or Spanish in Morocco

A pleasant journey

I had a very pleasant journey to Rabat! I absolutely loved my placement and it was very rewarding! The children were lovely and it was a pleasure to teach them. The local team were excellent and were always very professional and helpful. I have made brilliant friends who I am sure I will keep in contact with forever. We all traveled to Casablanca together among many other trips during the weekends. Morocco is a beautiful country and I found the people to be friendly and polite. It was a shock culturally at first however my host family and the local staff were comforting and reassuring and I soon got used to and embraced the differences in culture. I wish I could have stayed there for a few months not just 1! Thank you very much for your excellent and efficient correspondence and support. I would definitely recommend Love Volunteers to others in the future.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 09, 2016 at 4:38 PM

Hi Winfred,

We're humbled by your praise - it's a pleasure to work with wonderful volunteers such as yourself!

Thanks so much for mentioning the challenge of adjusting to a different culture. It really helps if volunteers are prepared in advance to be open-minded and outside of their comfort zone initially.

The local partners we work with and the fabulous home stay families are very experienced at supporting volunteers and you are not alone in your comments about how safe and looked after they made you feel..

Thanks again for giving your time to volunteer in Rabat.

The Team @ Love Volunteers