Placements for volunteers in Uganda are available in a number of Uganda clinics and hospitals, where the volunteer's role is tailored according to individual abilities and interests. Volunteers in Uganda may work directly with patients or perform office duties.
Qualified medical personnel may work directly with patients and perform emergency duties; they might work in surgery settings or patient support areas. Medical students, pre-med students and those considering a career in health care are certain to find the volunteer experience extremely helpful in solidifying their chosen careers. Doctor-shadowing is another possibility.
Volunteers in Uganda with no medical training will be asked to help patients and visitors in waiting rooms, the pharmacy and the in-patient areas. These volunteers also perform a valuable role assisting staff with daily office tasks, which may include manning the phones, filing, running errands, carrying out reception duties and data inputting.
* Love Volunteers is a not-for-profit organisation that provides fun, rewarding, safe and affordable volunteering opportunities in developing countries around the world.
* Since Love Volunteers is a not-for-profit organization, it is one of the most affordable ways to help out in a developing country while being immersed in the local culture.
* A great advantage of volunteering in Uganda is the fact that your accommodation is arranged with a local family. This experience gives the volunteer an authentic glimpse of the customs, lifestyle and family values of the Ugandan people. Normally, two of your daily meals will be eaten with the host family.
* The format of the orientation depends on your arrival time. Most volunteers in Uganda tend to arrive in the evening. In this case, the orientation begins the following day with a talk at the volunteer house or local restaurant about the country, security, transport, the project and local health issues. You will be taken to the local town and shown around places of interest such a supermarkets, internet cafes and restaurants. You are also given time to change money, buy bottled water, snacks etc. If time allows, you will be taken to the project and have project orientation the same day.
* Volunteering during the weekends is possible or you may visit orphanages where the children will be delighted to be entertained. Otherwise, this is your time to relax, perhaps just chilling at home or you could arrange to explore the local town or travel further afield. Extended weekends can be arranged to allow for safari trips, but remember our local team need plenty of notice.
1-2 weeks, 2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks, 3-6 months (High School)
Typical Duration of Program
inquire for dates
Cost in US$:
Prices as low as USD 420 for 2 weeks
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Written materials abroad
- Written materials pre-departure
Program Fees Include:
Includes accommodation, food, an airport pick-up, orientation and 24/7 in-country support.
- Adult Education
- Clerical And Office Work
- Community Development
- Community Health
- Disability Issues
- Family Planning
- Health Care
- Health Education
- Population Issues
- Professional Services
- Social Services, Social Work
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network
- Exit Debriefing Abroad