In close collaboration with our partners in Russia, Love Volunteers is offering placements in this astounding country with its incredibly rich history. The profile of a volunteer is not fixed or narrow; people from every type of background embark on volunteering. While many make the decision to volunteer during a gap year, others find that a stint volunteering is a rewarding option when between jobs. Giving a genuinely new perspective on life, volunteering can broaden one's outlook, provide insights into other cultures and open up avenues for forming lasting friendships.
When volunteering in Russia, you engage with people eager to introduce you to their country. The Volunteer in Russia is likely to be moved by the plight of the people they meet, while knowing that you need to remain focused on the job in hand. All of this helps you to develop as a person.
For those people who are able to commit to more than three months we can offer an amazing opportunity in a private school about six hours from Moscow. The first week will be dedicated to learning about the local teaching system and assisting current teachers in leading classes of speaking. Independent teaching practice monitored by a tutor starts after 4 weeks. The school also offers the opportunity to get a Cambridge certificate of teaching English (TKT) or a certificate issued by the school. This program does not include meals, but volunteers receive a monthly allowance of USD 200 in addition to accommodation to cover food expenses.
* Love Volunteers is a not-for-profit organisation that provides fun, rewarding, safe and affordable volunteering opportunities in developing countries around the world.
* Since Love Volunteers is a not-for-profit organization, it is one of the most affordable ways to help out in a developing country while being immersed in the local culture.
* Love Volunteer's partner NGO gives assurances that it has directly selected the St. Petersburg host families with whom the volunteers are accommodated. All such homes are located within the centre and within comfortable distance of a metro (underground) station. Staff members have checked in person to ensure that rooms are up to standard and contain facilities for studying as well as sleeping.
* Volunteers may arrive on any day of the week. After being met at the airport, they are taken straight to their host family where they can at once settle in to their accommodation. On their first Monday, volunteers are introduced to the language school, which has its premises in the Central District. They each receive a Welcome Pack comprising written details about the city and school as well as a city centre map. There is also a helpful guide to St. Petersburg's restaurants, bars and night clubs, with recommendations.
* The week runs from Monday to Friday. Commencement times vary depending on whether classes or work placements are under way. During the language study phase of the stay, participants have the use at break-times of school's cafeteria which provides free hot drinks. Lunch can be taken at any one of a number of moderately-priced cafes close to the school, one of which is a vegetarian cafe located directly opposite. Weekends are an opportunity for travel further afield. The most highly recommended destinations for visitors are lively capital city Moscow and the stunning Lake Baikal, as well as St. Petersburg where some of our programs take place.
9-12 Week, 3-6 Month, 7-12 Month
Flexible start dates
Cost in US$:
USD 3,665 for 8 weeks including language course
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Written materials abroad
- Written materials pre-departure
Program Fees Include:
Cost includes accommodation, language course, an airport pick-up, orientation and 24/7 in-country support.
Volunteers receive a monthly allowance of USD 200 in addition to accommodation to cover food expenses.
- Academic Reinforcement
- English Teaching
- Popular Education
- Primary Education
- Public Education
- Youth Development
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network
- Exit Debriefing Abroad