Love Volunteers participant with two local kids Love Volunteers participant with two local kids

Healthcare and Medical Programs in Ecuador

My experience was everything that I imagined it to be and more

Dear future volunteer,

I am glad that you are thinking about joining the Love Volunteers team as they are everything that you are looking for. If you are looking for a responsible, organized, positive, safe, and creative team then Love Volunteers is the way to go.

Let me go a little more into details. I decided to go to Ecuador, Quito and do a Medical Internship as I wanted to see what it was like to work as a doctor/nurse and diagnose patients, work with limited technology, watch operations, and observe the daily routine of the medical staff.

My experience lasted for two weeks and it was everything that I imagined it to be and more. Starting from my airport pickup to my nice and homely apartment drop off. Love Volunteers made me feel welcome and safe. Everything was extremely organized and during my first day I received an information package of my schedule, map of Quito, and some local history/safety tips. Later on I got a tour of their local school which was very close to the apartment. I was also shown where to do laundry, go out if I so desired, and shop for food. Everything was spelled out and easy. This has made the whole experience a great deal less stressful and I could simply lay back and enjoy my program.

The Love Volunteers local team also helped me book my weekend trips to Otovalo and Quilatoa. Those were amazing and very reasonably priced as lunch was included.

My medical program was extremely interesting. I watched doctors perform colonoscopies, draw and test blood samples, perform diagnoses by testing patients and listening to their symptoms, and doctor prescribing medications. I also learned a lot of new medical terms and did blood pressure testing along with measuring temperatures.

I am now certain that this field is for me and once I get back to California, I will go to medical school.

Thank you Love Volunteers for making me feel safe and helping me find my way into my future career. I highly recommend this beautiful organization.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review May 02, 2016 at 6:30 PM

Hi Jaroslava,

Wow, what an amazing endorsement of this program! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experiences with other volunteers. We're so pleased you had such an amazing time and it was our absolute pleasure to play a small part in helping you to achieve this dream.

All the best with your medical studies and career!

The Team @ Love Volunteers