Love Volunteers participant with two local kids Love Volunteers participant with two local kids

Education Program in The West Bank

My time in Palestine

Volunteering for Love Volunteers and the local team was one of the best decisions I have made in my life. I spent three weeks in Nablus, Palestine and enjoyed every moment of my stay although time flew by and I wish that I could have stayed longer. Many people have asked me what my favorite part of my whole trip was and my answer has remained the same: the children. I spent almost every day in Askar Refugee Camp. Because the children were on summer break, the time I spent with them was for their summer camp. We did a variety of recreational activities such as drama, dabke (the Palestinian traditional dance), arts and crafts, games, and soccer. Volunteering in Palestine means being given the opportunity to provide a link to the outside world to the Palestinian people and helping to get their message out. It means spending time with children that have been affected by the violence while living under occupation and providing energy and activities with them to reduce lasting psychological effects. I recommend this experience to anyone who is given the opportunity; to see the occupation first-handed, to hear the personal accounts of the Palestinians, to help boost the resilience of the Palestinian children, and to help document the basic human rights that are neglected for the Palestinian people.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review August 17, 2016 at 6:37 PM

Hi Kimberley,

What an amazing review of our incredible program in Nablus, Palestine! Thanks so much for sharing your experience :-)

Palestine can be a difficult location to access and we do encourage volunteers to know what's involved in advance and to undertake their journey with confidence. Reviews like yours help so much! We need more volunteers to let the Palestinian people know we care.

Thanks for being an amazing volunteer and we wish you all the very best for the future.

The Team @ Love Volunteers!

An amazing experience

I volunteered in Palestine last fall with Love Volunteers and their local team, and I am very grateful I did. It was an amazing experience, which expanded my understanding of the area and which I have been sharing with as many people in the US as I can. I am even hoping to volunteer in Cambodia this fall as a result of my visit there last year!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review April 04, 2016 at 6:09 PM

Hi Eva,

Thanks so much for giving your time to volunteer in Palestine.

We look forward to being a part of your volunteering experiences in the future!

All the best,