Love Volunteers participant with two local kids Love Volunteers participant with two local kids

Construction Project in Zambia

A new experience for me and I really enjoyed it

Building mud huts for families affected by AIDS was a new experience for me and I really enjoyed it. Working in the village of Mwandi with the local building team was great fun especially as the woman whose house we were building came and worked with us and her friends dropped by to lend a hand. It was great to feel part of the village and get to understand a bit about what life there is really like. I loved being able to leave something tangible behind when I left and few things are more important than a proper roof over their head for a family who are living in very poor, squashed accommodation. For those who like to explore, Livingstone is not too far away so you can visit one of the great natural wonders of the world, Victoria Falls, as part of your time in Mwandi. I loved this experience!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review May 05, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Hi Sue,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of volunteering in Zambia.

It's fantastic to hear that you were able to meet and work with the woman whose house you were building and be included in village life.

As you say, being in these communities who have so little truly makes us appreciate what's really important in life and so much more grateful for what we have - our health, freedom, friends and family.

Thanks again and all the very best for the future.

The Team @ Love Volunteers

A worthwhile experience

It was only two weeks that we spent in the village of Mwandi, Zambia but it is two weeks that will always stay with me.

The program in Zambia is very well run by hardworking and friendly people, and I hope to have an opportunity to return in future as it is impossible not to be inspired by such a worthwhile experience.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 30, 2016 at 4:50 PM

What an inspiring testimony. It's always fabulous for us to read about volunteers who gave their all on a project and received so much back from the experience.
    All the best with everything and hopefully you do manage to return to Mwandi one day!
    The Team @ Love Volunteers