5 Manor Road Guildford, Surrey GU2 9NE England
1-2 weeks, 2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks, 3-6 months (includes high school academic semester abroad)
Typical Duration of Program
inquire for dates
Those volunteering in Zambia to teach will often be assisting local teachers in delivering various subjects. Among these are mathematics, science, geography, social sciences, history, business studies, art, music, as well as English. Neither formal teacher training nor teaching experience is demanded of those wishing to be volunteer teachers in Zambia. The programs take place in schools where the students come from very difficult economic circumstances or are orphans.
* Love Volunteers is a not-for-profit organisation that provides fun, rewarding, safe and affordable volunteering opportunities in developing countries around the world.
* Since Love Volunteers is a not-for-profit organization, it is one of the most affordable ways to help out in a developing country while being immersed in the local culture.
* While in Zambia, all volunteers have the unmissable experience of living with a local host family, at a home within easy reach of their volunteer project. With this opportunity to experience cultural immersion within a Zambian family, volunteers in Zambia have a ready-made source of information, and someone on hand to help them to show them around. The host family will provide two meals each day (three meals over weekends if staying in your accommodation).
* The format of the orientation depends on your arrival time. Most volunteers in Zambia tend to arrive in the evening. In this case, the orientation begins the following day with a talk at the volunteer house or local restaurant about the country, security, transport, the project and local health issues. You will be taken to the local town and shown around places of interest such a supermarkets, internet cafes and restaurants. You are also given time to change money, buy bottled water, snacks etc. If time allows, you will be taken to the project and have project orientation the same day.
* Volunteering during the weekends is possible or you may visit orphanages where the children will be delighted to be entertained. Otherwise, this is your time to relax, perhaps just chilling at home or you could arrange to explore the local town or travel further afield. Extended weekends can be arranged to allow for safari trips, but remember our local team need plenty of notice.
Prices as low as USD 420 for 2 weeks
Includes accommodation, food, an airport pick-up, orientation and 24/7 in-country support.
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Independently or in Groups
Independently or in Groups