5 Manor Road Guildford, Surrey GU2 9NE England
Cambodia: Phnom Penh
5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks, 3-6 months (includes high school academic semester abroad)
Start dates every first and third Monday of each month
Volunteering for a Cambodian Human Rights NGO enables you to support people who face discrimination and human rights violations, including families forcefully evicted from their homes, women who have suffered domestic violence and girls and children who have been trafficked, abused and exploited.
Volunteers on Human Rights placements in Cambodia - who must be 19 years of age or older - help monitor the human rights situation and investigate violations. They might also assist in arranging public forums and workshops, in implementing new Human Rights Projects, writing reports and case studies, teaching English to staff members and developing ideas new initiatives.
* Love Volunteers is a not-for-profit organisation that provides fun, rewarding, safe and affordable volunteering opportunities in developing countries around the world.
* Since Love Volunteers is a not-for-profit organization, it is one of the most affordable ways to help out in a developing country while being immersed in the local culture.
* Volunteers are accommodated either with a host family or in a guesthouse. In either case, one can expect to share a bathroom. Three meals are provided daily.
* Volunteers receive a one-day orientation course which covers aspects of Cambodia's history and culture and includes a city tour, an introduction to the Khmer Language and pointers regarding safety.
* The working week lasts from Monday to Friday with the number of hours per day varying between three and six. There is some flexibility for volunteers to arrange time off, if negotiated in advance. This allows the volunteer time for travel and to experience the country.
Attendance for a minimum of five weeks is mandatory and some experience within this field is a requirement.
6 weeks starting at US 760
Includes accommodation, three meals a day, an airport pick-up and drop-off (if required), orientation and 24/7 in-country support.
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Independently or in Groups