5 Manor Road Guildford, Surrey GU2 9NE England
South Africa: Cape Town (Kaapstad)
1-2 weeks, 2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks, 3-6 months (includes high school academic semester abroad)
Typical Duration of Program
1st and 3rd Monday of each month
Environmental programs revolve around educating future generations on conserving the environment, through educational camps and activities put in place to promote sustainability for the future.
Duties include visitor management and outdoor environmental work. For example clearing paths, removing alien vegetation, bird counting, and facilitating awareness programs for people of different ages. There are also various outdoor building and upgrading projects that could be done.
Some projects are very well structured and well managed. Most of these projects are government funded or subsidized through donations. Some projects charge a minimal fee for entrance or for use of facilities.
Volunteers should have a love of the outdoors and a willingness to get their hands dirty, they will at times be working in unpleasant weather conditions. For awareness camps and programs, you must love working with children and be able to work in a team.
* Love Volunteers is a not-for-profit organisation that provides fun, rewarding, safe and affordable volunteering opportunities in developing countries around the world.
* Since Love Volunteers is a not-for-profit organization, it is one of the most affordable ways to help out in a developing country while being immersed in the local culture.
* Volunteers will mainly be accommodated with host families in the greater Cape Peninsula area. Volunteers who choose an education placement will either be accommodated with host families or at a volunteer house in the city centre. The volunteer house is dormitory accommodation and while we do out best to ensure your preference between the two options, we can't guarantee where you will be housed. It is important to note that all homestays are located at least 30-40 minutes from the centre of Cape Town.
* Orientation is compulsory and necessary to prepare you for your stay in South Africa. Introduction to our partner's office, South Africa, program rules, travel opportunities etc will be covered. The orientation will also give you a chance to meet other volunteers.
* Depending on the program, weekends are generally free and volunteers will have time to relax or explore other parts of Cape Town and South Africa. Most volunteers who are placed at homestays book in at the volunteer house over weekends (for a fee) to meet up and enjoy the city life. Long weekends can be taken if volunteers need to go on safaris, or travel to places further away such as the Garden Route.
Prices starting at USD 400 for 2 weeks.
Includes accommodation, food, an airport pick-up, orientation and 24/7 in-country support.
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Independently or in Groups