Lorenzo de' Medicihttp://www.lorenzodemedici.org/tuscania/
3600 Bee Caves Rd., Suite 205B Austin, TX 78746 United States
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, Academic Year
Please Visit our Website.
Established in 1973, LdM is one of the largest and leading international schools, with centers in Florence, Rome, Tuscania, and Venice. Over 400 course offerings cover a wide range of subjects. LdM currently has a working faculty of approximately 180 dedicated and qualified instructors from Italy and the world. Courses are taught in English and are held throughout the year. LdM encourages a personal growth experience and intercultural exchange.
Tuscania is a hilltop town located on the borders of the Tuscany and Lazio regions of central Italy, south of Florence and not far from Rome, in the breathtaking countryside of the southern Maremma. The countryside surrounding the town forms part of a nationally protected nature reserve, and has one of the richest collections of archaeological remains in the world. The town is strategically positioned for quick trips to the beach, to volcanic lakes and hot springs, as well as for visits to the nearby towns of Viterbo and Tarquinia. The central location also allows for easy access to Rome, Florence, Siena, Pisa and Assisi for day trips.
Tuscania has been admired for centuries for its picturesque setting, dreamy landscapes, medieval walls, cobbled streets and fine culture and foods. Filmmakers such as Pier Paolo Pasolini, Orson Welles and Franco Zeffirelli have chosen it for their films, while the town has inspired myriad artists, painters, photographers and writers. In the last few years Tuscania has also developed a reputation as a center for new forms of contemporary expression and modern art: its vivid cultural life is represented by an active calendar of festivals and exhibitions.
* Cultural Immersion: full integration into community, exposure to traditional small-town life
* New kitchen facilities; site of LdM's Mediterranean Culinary Institute
* Performing arts facilities, including a theatre
* Ongoing, important archaeology projects
* Diverse programming, especially strong history and archaeology programs
* LdM involvement with internationally-known film and music festivals
* LdM involvement with contemporary film productions; filming in Tuscania
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
inquire for more info
- 3 credit elective or 4 credit Italian for January Intersession Program
* Housing in double occupancy student apartment
* Utilities up to USD 75/month
* Medical insurance
* 24 hour emergency line to advisors (health issues)
* Either LdM transcript or U.S. transcript from Marist College in New York
* Welcome and Farewell reception
* Mobile telephone rental with SMS broadcast messaging
* Internet access
* Pre-departure support
* On-site orientation
* Arranged cultural and social events (some for additional fees)
* On-campus library facilities
* Post-program evaluation
* On-site Academic Advising
* VISA and Permit of Stay assistance
* Italian Language Tutoring
Lorenzo de' Medici is committed to helping students realize their own potential, providing a quality education that will enable them to interact successfully with the community worldwide. The School aims to excite and enable students to experience a first class educational and social environment which enlarges their minds, stimulates their talent, and emphasizes the importance of values and the pursuit of knowledge. We also seek to develop real, multi-disciplinary projects in our classes that involve as many of our departments as possible. In this way, we prepare our students to face the actual challenges of their respective fields. Students obtain truly relevant work-related experience by collaborating with colleagues both inside and outside of their specific areas of interest. Then, the results of this collaboration are presented externally for public appreciation and expert evaluation.
I had always heard great things about LdM but I think you just have to experience first-hand how different it is from other schools. All of the advisors and professors seem genuinely interested in ...More
Did you participate on a program with Lorenzo de' Medici?
Share your thoughts!