Liden & Denz Intercultural Institute of Languages St. Petersburg, Moscow and Riga Header Image Liden & Denz Intercultural Institute of Languages St. Petersburg, Moscow and Riga Header Image

Blogger/Editorial Assistant - St. Petersburg, Moscow, Riga

Working as an intern in Saint Petersburg - Blogger/Editorial Assistant at Liden & Denz

Before I came to Saint Petersburg, I was really looking forward to my internship at Liden & Denz. To be honest, I also was very excited because I didn't know what exactly expects me there. But already after a few days, I was really happy! Saint Petersburg is such a nice and beautiful city and Liden & Denz Language Center is simply a great workplace! Writing blogs and doing Social Media Marketing was like a dream job to me, I really enjoyed it and it was a great pleasure for me to do this as an intern. I just loved the fact, that we could write our blogs about awesome places, sights, restaurants or bars in Saint Petersburg we have visited during our stay. In addition, uploading photos to each blog was also our duty and due to my passion for taking photos, I had a lot of fun while working!
Furthermore, improving my Russian language skills played also a very important role of my stay. Liden & Denz offered me a free language course and I very appreciated that! So I had the chance to learn Russian with professional teachers and gain work experience at the same time - this is simply priceless! I would really recommend such an internship to everyone, I'm sure this time has enriched my life with valuable experiences.

Liden & Denz editorial assistant internship

I've just finished a month-long placement at Liden & Denz St. Petersburg and would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in learning Russian. My routine involved 3.5 hours of class every morning, followed by 3.5 hours at my internship Monday-Friday. This was the perfect work balance, meaning that I had a huge amount of time to study Russian, and improved vastly. The internship was well-organized and the work was enjoyable and very flexible. It was a great opportunity to live in St. Petersburg, a city which I've really come to love, and the school had a very social, friendly atmosphere so it was easy to meet people and always lots going on.

A wonderful internship in a beautiful city

I can't think of a better place to spend your summer. The teachers are very laid back, the facilities are immaculate, and the atmosphere is very positive. I studied in Saint Petersburg for two months as an video blogger intern and had a wonderful time. If you have the opportunity, I definitely recommend that you come! Saint Petersburg is one of the most beautiful places on earth, and you owe it to yourself to come learn Russian in the Venice of the North :)

Internship Blogger-Editorial Assistant

My experience as an intern in the St. Petersburg Language Centre Liden & Denz is very rewarding since I can communicate in Russian with my supervisor, teachers and other school staff. I like to write these articles, because they give me the change to find out more about places I didn't know before; as per my opinion, is a great way to improve my language skills, something that I recommend strongly for those who are interested.

Interesting and varied occupation with responsibility

I am very grateful that I had the chance to make an internship as a Blogger/ Social Media Assistent at Liden & Denz. It is the perfect way to connect with young people and get a great insight of what the daily life is like in Russia. While visting sights, making expierences and going to restaurants I took pictures and thought of what I want to write next week. My supervisor left it up to me and gave me some imput how to improve my plans. That was very helpful. Furthermore everybody was very friendly could speak perfect English and I always felt appreciated and respected. I even got make market research and help my boss with a very important presentation. All in all I am very thankful for the way I got treated here, the expierneces I could make and that I had taks with high responsibility and yet enjoyable.
But not just for my personal development but also job-wise I am convinced it will be very helpful since an internship in Russia is something extraodinary which shows employers that that you can quickly adapt to a new environment and face challenges.
I can highly recommend to anybody!! :)

Internship in Moscow at Liden & Denz language centre

I had the possibility to make an internship at the language centre Liden & Denz in Moscow in the spheres web content creating, online marketing and social media management. The deal I received was very useful for me. In exchange to the internship work, I did not have to pay for Russian class lessons (20h per week). So I attended 20h lessons and worked in the afternoon again 20h per week.

In general I wrote articles about Russian history, economics, politics, lifestyle and a view sightseeing and nightlife reviews. In terms of online marketing and social media management, I had to improve SEOs, article titles, review placements and activities on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube and so further on. It helped me to improve my writing skills in German and English and opened me new insights in the Russian culture and the daily life in Moscow.

The lessons were also very helpful to improve my Russian speaking and writing skills. The teachers are very well educated and especially prepared for foreign language speakers. As I expected from a Swiss organization, all lessons, the administrative activities and the excursions were efficient structured and organized.

I got to know a lot of new international people, so the social life was in the bottom line also very good.

I spent a very good time in Moscow and I will get back as soon as possible, to get further with the Russian language and see all the nice employees from Liden & Denz again!

• The Campus

Riga in review

Overall, I was really impressed with my experience here. Riga is, in my humble opinion, one of the "must-see" cities of Eastern Europe. The atmosphere and environment is perfect for an immersive, challenging, yet relaxing study-vacation. I was immediately impressed with the level of attention given to each student in my Russian courses. In addition, I have loved writing and sharing my thoughts on this city. It's been rewarding both in my study of Russian and in my development as a writer.
I would recommend Liden & Denz-Riga to anyone. I hope to be back in the future.

Blogger at Liden & Denz Moscow

Blogging at Liden & Denz requires a lot of imagination and discipline as you work kind of freelance but have deadlines and many articles to write. But this pushes you to think outside of the box and be creative with your ideas. I have enjoyed using this opportunity to explore my writing style and abilities. The Moscow school is more centred around the language classes (that are complimentary to all on the blogging team) and therefore there is no space really to work there, nor is there much of a team spirit amongst the blogging team, but everyone supports one another and it is very relaxed to have the opportunity to work from home or from wherever is more comfortable (which is especially good when writing the blog involves using a laptop and camera equipment etc). Extra tasks I take on include translation and writing snippets for advertising and I really enjoy this as it pushes me to use other skills. The hardest bit for sure is coming up with new ideas for the blog (and a lot of them too) but then I was surprised how actually they do come up somehow! It is a great opportunity to explore the city you live in but also to receive free Russian language classes and spend a slightly longer time in Russia.