Letra Hispanica. School of Spanish Language & Culturehttp://www.letrahispanica.com/en/index.php
Calle Peña Primera, 18 Salamanca, Salamanca 37002 Spain
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, Trimester, Academic Year, Throughout the year
throughout the year, starting each Monday
We offer high quality in Spanish Language and Hispanic Cultures courses, high level seminars for professors and graduate students and cultural and natural routes and trips. Our academic and cultural offering is directed to all lovers of the ample universe of Hispanic cultures. We offer our students, and participants in other programs, individual treatment that attends to special needs and requests. Our teaching philosophy is based on the old motto "ensenar deleitando" ("to teach so that learning is enjoyable"). We want each student to acquire a theoretical knowledge in the classroom as well as knowledge based on experience in the real world. That is why we promote personal contact with professors, intellectuals, writers and artists, in addition to other students from Salamanca. The genuine regard we feel for Hispanic cultures initiates within us dedication and enthusiasm. We are committed to a vision without stereotypes. In the field of advanced philological studies we are interested in opening a space of dialogue that promotes critical thinking and recaptures a form of rigorous intellectual analysis. We encourage debate from different perspectives and provide a forum to voices from the margins. In a few words, we want to create an open and dynamic space for the exchange of ideas, that actively contributes to present day trends of thought.
* We are a middle-sized and person-oriented institute. In courses of language and culture (art, history, literature, cinema) the ratio teacher/student is about 0.5.
* We give emphasis not only to learning language skills but also to Spanish and Hispanic cultures, both "high culture" and "popular culture".
* We have many activities outside of class so that the student gets involved with Spanish life.
* Our teachers and collaborators are PhD's or have university degrees (licenciados) with years of experience.
* Our courses have validity in American universities and, if you need credit for your studies, we would be glad to talk to your advisor or the person in charge of transferring credits.
* The list of our collaborators includes chief figures in the fields of Spanish arts, literature, philosophy, etc.
* We arrange your lodging based upon your interest: carefully selected host families, shared flats, students residences, apartments...
* We are "Accredited Centre" of Instituto Cervantes.
Prices are very affordable and apart from the basics, they include activities without additional charge.
* We are located in a historical building in the center of the monumental town of Salamanca.
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
Depend on the specific course.
Depend on the specific course or program.
American, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants.
Independently or in Groups
Independently or in Groups of 10
Providing high quality undergraduate programs in Spanish language and cultures. Providing excellence in teaching and learning, striving for continual improvement and responding to changes in our current world. Creating a safe and humane environment, which stimulates freedom of expression, challenge, and the assumption of responsibility for the consequences of personal actions. Ensuring that students develop problem solving abilities and skills, critical and creative thinking abilities, effective communication skills, and global awareness. Ensuring that students may explore their capabilities and interests and may develop their full intellectual and human potential. Opening the minds of students through different world perspectives and fostering understanding among different cultures through knowledge and cultural immersion. Promoting respect of ideas and rejoicing in discovery. Recognizing the value of such experiences in fostering global understanding and peaceful cooperation among nations in an increasingly interdependent and rapidly changing world. Enhancing intercultural engagement within Salamanca community and maintaining an active group of learners engaged in community service through volunteer projects. In our high level seminars we are committed to sustaining academic and faculty pre-eminence and enhancing the research environment so that we continue to investigate society most pressing issues and problems. We also aim at becoming a source of intellectual growth and a forum for building cooperation of ideas and action.
Los profesores de Letra me ensenaron una manera diferente para aprender lengua estranjera. Con mucha paciencia y carino me explicaron por la centesima vez, paso a paso, las complicaciones del subju...More
En Lengua en el principio había una estructura bien. Aprendí mucho con estructura. En literatura española muy bien. Las obras que la profesora eligió fueron muy interesantes y muy buenas para leer....More
La profesora es increíble. Los controles, el libro y la manera en que ella explica cada tema me han ayudado mucho. Las correcciones y comentarios que ella pone en las composiciones son muy útiles. ...More
Did you participate on a program with Letra Hispanica. School of Spanish Language & Culture?
Share your thoughts!