We offer high quality in Spanish Language and Hispanic Cultures courses, high level seminars for professors and graduate students and cultural and natural routes and trips. Our academic and cultural offering is directed to all lovers of the ample universe of Hispanic cultures. We offer our students, and participants in other programs, individual treatment that attends to special needs and requests. Our teaching philosophy is based on the old motto "ensenar deleitando" ("to teach so that learning is enjoyable"). We want each student to acquire a theoretical knowledge in the classroom as well as knowledge based on experience in the real world. That is why we promote personal contact with professors, intellectuals, writers and artists, in addition to other students from Salamanca. The genuine regard we feel for Hispanic cultures initiates within us dedication and enthusiasm. We are committed to a vision without stereotypes. In the field of advanced philological studies we are interested in opening a space of dialogue that promotes critical thinking and recaptures a form of rigorous intellectual analysis. We encourage debate from different perspectives and provide a forum to voices from the margins. In a few words, we want to create an open and dynamic space for the exchange of ideas, that actively contributes to present day trends of thought.
* We are a middle-sized and person-oriented institute. In courses of language and culture (art, history, literature, cinema) the ratio teacher/student is about 0.5.
* We give emphasis not only to learning language skills but also to Spanish and Hispanic cultures, both "high culture" and "popular culture".
* We have many activities outside of class so that the student gets involved with Spanish life.
* Our teachers and collaborators are PhD's or have university degrees (licenciados) with years of experience.
* Our courses have validity in American universities and, if you need credit for your studies, we would be glad to talk to your advisor or the person in charge of transferring credits.
* The list of our collaborators includes chief figures in the fields of Spanish arts, literature, philosophy, etc.
* We arrange your lodging based upon your interest: carefully selected host families, shared flats, students residences, apartments...
* We are "Accredited Centre" of Instituto Cervantes.
Prices are very affordable and apart from the basics, they include activities without additional charge.
* We are located in a historical building in the center of the monumental town of Salamanca.