Lead Adventures South Americahttp://www.lead-adventures.com/index.php
Mariscal Foch E8-42 Planta Alta y 6 de Diciembre Quito, Ecuador
Ecuador: Machala, Quito
Length of Position
3 months minimum
3-6 months (High School), 7-12 months
Typical Duration of Program
3-6 months (High School)
The program runs from April through December
This program enables native English speakers to share their language skills at rural schools in the south coast of Ecuador. In exchange for your effort, you will receive accommodations, meals and a monthly stipend for extra expenses. This is your chance to make a difference while traveling. The placements are in the south of Ecuador, close to the Peruvian border and minutes from the Pacific beach. You can visit Peru as well while in this program.
In 2013 the Ecuadorian government has given us 30 spots for this program. Contact us for more details!
The program runs from April through December
Why Teach at EL Oro?
* El Oro is one of the main provinces in Ecuador, which contains 3 main regions: coast, highlands and a bit of Rainforest.
* Their Province Government is the first one in the country giving the support to English teachers to come and discover the province while helping the kids that right now are only receiving 45minutes of English each week, they aim to increase it to at least 1 hour per day.
* The weather in the province is perfect, not too warm but not cold either and you have beach access only 30 minutes away, but not only that, their Petrified forest of Puyango is only a few hours away and is waiting for you to discover it.
* The famous Spondylus trail that goes along the Coast of Ecuador is only a few hours away, and you have the Highlands on the other side that keep History and Inca ruins and trails.
* Additionally on your time off, you can explore the north side of Ecuador, Quito, Otavalo, Cotopaxi, only a few hours away by bus or minutes away by plane.
This is an unique way for adventurous and responsible travelers to discover Ecuador in a very affordable way, while getting immerse in our culture and helping our children.
Sample Monthly Budget
* Accommodation - covered
* Food - Home-cooked: covered
* Personal Expenses - 20-30 dollars/month
* Transportation - Public Bus 0.25 dollars/per ride; taxi starts at 1.00 dollar
* Internet/Cell Phone - Avg. Internet price 11-15 month / Cell Phone: 10-20 dollars
* Entertainment - 5-20 dollars per night out
* Participant's Role:
Participants who are native English speakers and preferably have some experience in teaching will be placed in a rural School in Puerto Bolivar - Machala. Once placed, the participant will become an employee of the school assigned and continue to work there while staying and traveling around Ecuador.
Teaching materials will be provided to participants and they will be welcomed and guided on the first stages in the program until they will be assigned with their own classes.
All placements are in Machala, the capital of Banana Export in Ecuador, located in the Pacific Coast.
Hotel stay accommodations with all meals included
* In your free time you can enjoy the following activities in Ecuador:
- Visit the Jambeli Archipelago: observe over 10000 hectares of Mangrove swamp separated by many estuaries and channels, it is possible to appreciate the artisan and industrial fishery activities, and a landscape undisturbed by modern buildings. In the Archipelago you can enjoy of Costa Rica Island which is a bathing resort at which people arrive sailing in small boats to enjoy beautiful beaches.
- Wander in Yacuvina Ruins: which constitute the most important archaeological site in the province, Stone walls form a wide management complex, with spaces and houses for ancient rituals worship. It was initially constructed by the Canaris, but later occupied by Incas.
- Travel to the Puyango Petrified Forest , which is the oldest petrified forest in South America, with rests of petrified marine life, ferns trees and mollusks, the extension of the forest covers an area of over 2500 Hectares, being one of the most important ecosystems of the Planet.
- Only 3 hours away by bus, you will find Cuenca, Cultural Heritage of Humanity and Loja where Vilcabamba the Valley of Longevity is located.
- Start the Spondylus route which Starts only 3h away from Machala and will take you along many different beaches of Ecuador including Isla de La Plata which is the low budget Galapagos
- A few hours away by bus or minutes away by plane, you will be in Quito, Ecuadorian capital and gateway to the north attractions of Ecuador such as its Historical Downtown, the Middle of the world, Otavalo Market Banos, Mindo and many other places.
- Combine your stay with a responsible trip to the Galapagos Islands, helping the local community while visiting the Enchanted Islands.
Participants should be Native English speakers.
Payment of placement fee 550USD (one time)
* Airport transfer upon your arrival in Quito.
* 3 days of training upon arrival in Quito before heading to EL Oro
* Accommodations and Meals during your stay at the project in El Oro
* Additional Stipend of 150 USD monthly for other expenses
150 USD stipend per month, besides all meals and accommodations that are already included in the Package
Since its creation in 2004 LEAD Adventures has been extremely successful launching programs in Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands and establishing mutually beneficial partnerships abroad. Our programs are targeted to young minded people from all over the world that want to experience the great destinations Ecuador and South America have to offer.