Language Link Header Image Language Link Header Image

Teach English in Russia

EFL teacher

The thing that really appreciated about working for this company is the impressive level of structure and organisation involved. I have worked with several EFL companies in the past, and Language Link, Russia feels much more like a serious, professional company than anywhere else I've worked. The administrative and academic support has been great, and they really do try to make you feel valued as an emplyee.

Teaching at Language Link

I've been teaching at Language Link for nearly 4 years now and I started out on the in-house teacher training program as I had no previous English-teaching experience.
The initial program was rather intense, but well worth the effort as I learnt so much and received a teaching qualification out of it, as well.
As for conditions when working with Language Link, I generally don't have many complaints. The pay isn't amazing but it's always been sufficient for my needs without having to be too careful. What's more, accommodation is provided and, upon successful completion of a contract, visa and flight costs are reimbursed. There is also sick leave and medical insurance and holiday time included.
When I first took this job, I didn't see myself staying very long and wasn't sure I would enjoy teaching at all, but, as I said, I'm now in my fourth year here and still enjoying both my job and my life in Moscow.
I would say that if you are considering moving to Russia, you should think about it carefully first- it's not for everyone, but I can honestly say that I have no regrets at all about moving here and I have lived in different cities as both a student and a teacher, so it can also be incredibly rewarding, and Language Link has a good support system in place.
As with anything in life, it's worth doing your research, both about the country and the job, but ultimately, even if you only want to come short term, I would definitely recommend working with Language Link and coming to Russia.

• Teacher Support

A great experience, with the right expectations

I started at Language Link as a teacher intern, having no experience teaching English as a foreign language. Nearly 3 years later, I'm still with the company and I still really enjoy it! I can only speak for my personal experience, but coming to Russia and working with Language Link has been one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Probably the best thing about working at Language Link is the support you get as a teacher. There is a dedicated academic support staff who really care about the quality of the lessons the students receive. There is always someone available to answer questions and provide help with lesson planning, difficult students, or really anything you need help with. There are also lots of free workshops, seminars, and tutorials to help fine tune teaching techniques and brush up on grammar.

Language Link uses the Communicative Approach to teaching. In my experience, this seems to be the best way for students to learn a language. It involves a lot of student conversation, games, and English only in the classroom. The methodology is very effective, but it does require quite a bit of planning on the teacher's part. I would suggest doing some reading about this approach before applying if you aren't familiar with it already.

Living in Russia isn't always easy. That being said, it is a fantastic experience if you have the right mindset! I chose Moscow as my home because there are always exciting events happening, there's so much history to explore, and because it is just absolutely beautiful here. Language Link provides a flat for their teachers, but the living conditions aren't always ideal. You will have another teacher as a flatmate. I have been extremely lucky with my accommodation because my flatmate has become my best friend! Some flats are nicer than others, but the housing department does try to place you as close to the school where you'll work as possible. There's also a maintenance man on hand to take care of any issues that arise in the flats.

The pay is fairly average. It's definitely enough to survive on in Russia. It's possible to save some money if you live modestly. The cost of food is relatively low compared to the US (where I'm from) but other things are a bit more expensive in Moscow (like clothing and entry to some museums).

All in all, my experience with Language Link has been overwhelmingly positive. I can't stress enough how important it is to come to Russia with an open mind and the right expectations for what life is like here. Do some research about living conditions in the city you want to go to. Read the Language Link contract carefully and decide if it's something you are happy with. The school itself is supportive and dedicated to improving its teachers and helping students to succeed. I'm proud of how I've developed as a teacher with the help of Language Link, I love my job, and I love my students, so I would definitely recommend this experience.