Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI) participants Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI) participants

KEI Abroad in Beijing, China

A Great Experience Abroad

I really enjoyed my time abroad with KEI. While there I took two business courses, along with a 20 credit hour intensive-Chinese language course. It consisted of grammar, listening, and speaking. I was able to improve my Chinese language ability greatly. While there we went on two weekend excursions to Xi'An, Nanjing, and Shanghai. We also had weekly Saturday activities where we would visit various sites around Beijing. I was able to become friends with other international students while in Beijing. I still keep in touch with a few of the people that I became friends with while I was there.

Going abroad was an experience that changed my life. I am now able to communicate effectively and efficiently in two languages. It also helped me to understand how other international students feel while they are in the USA. I really enjoyed my experience, and I would definitely do it all over again if I was given the opportunity to do so.