KCP International Japanese Language School KCP International Japanese Language School

Western Washington University - Japan

• The Campus

The support staff were amazingly helpful

This program is super-intensive! Do not expect to spend your semester partying and having fun because you are in a foreign country. Be prepared to study, and to learn how to study. I actually found the class grammar notes the most useful, because it was easy for me to review the lessons and the English translations were done well. I got the real meaning of the Japanese, and those notes did the trick in preparing me for tests and moving forward to new lessons. I am proud of what I accomplished and how much I grew.

I strongly recommend Kagesawa-Sensei as a teacher. She makes class so much fun, which removes a lot of the stress. Her attitude is always energetic and positive, just what we need.

The support staff was amazingly helpful! I got a lot of assistance and guidance from my student coordinators. They were always there for me when I needed them, and that’s awesome.

I gained really solid studying skills and a very strong work ethic

KCP is a very intense program that if, completed successfully, yields great rewards to you. Rewards not only in having a new language under your belt but gaining really solid studying skills and a very strong work ethic. Day by day, you’ll also be able to build an immersive experience of Japanese life in the city and better understand the world around you, just by jumping in and trying it. The classes themselves give you the courage to try interacting with everyone you meet.

The group sessions we had before or after the actual language classes started were extremely productive. We could ask questions and receive explanations about every little thing we didn’t understand.

Before I came to Tokyo with KCP, I barely knew all the hiragana and katakana characters. By the time the first week had ended, I had basically mastered them, increased my vocabulary tenfold, and improved my writing and reading skills dramatically. And that was just one week!