9-12 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks, 1-2 Weeks
Please visit website for more information.
All volunteers must be over 18 years of age with a minimum of 2 years at medical school or on a medical or related degree.
Although Belize is an English speaking country many patients, doctors and nurses will speak Spanish so any Spanish speaking skills would be beneficial but are not essential as translators are available.
We will need you to send us a copy of your CV/resume for this project so that we can send it to the team in Belize to review, then they can select the best placement for you.
All interns will be required to bring their own scrubs and appropriate shoes for working in a hospital.
Cost in US$:
Please visit the website for details.
- Registration fees
- In-country staff support
- In-country orientation/Training
- Pre-departure orientation/Training
Program Fees Include:
• Accommodation: Single (subject to availability) or shared room in volunteer accommodation with access to a pool table and a bar
• Food: 3 meals per day; light breakfast, sandwiches for lunch and a cooked evening meal. Volunteers take it in turns once a week preparing something from their own country
• Training: Orientation and project induction provided
• Support: 24 hour support
• Excursions each weekend
- See qualifications above.
- Health Care
- Health Education
- Public Health
A Kaya volunteer shows enthusiasm, spirit and life to stimulate and bring something new to the residents; love, patience and a listening ear for the people; and a good motivator with a positive and optimistic attitude.
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network