1-2 Week, Alternative Spring Break
Please visit website for details.
Experience and passion for working in the community and interacting with the people are needed. Participants must also possess enthusiasm and a willingness to learn about the environment and the place's culture.
- Pre-departure orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Registration fees
Program Fees Include:
* Accommodation: Single or shared room in a family homestay, depending on availability
* Food: 3 Meals per day
* Airport pick up and drop off from San Jose International Airport
* Training: Pre-departure preparation pack, on-site orientation and project induction provided
* Support: On-site coordinator providing 24 hour support
* 1 day tour of Arenal Volcano and Boldi Hot Springs (transport, lunch and dinner included)
* Spanish lessons (for those who select the volunteer / language option)
- This project is open to all and enthusiasm and a willingness to join in are a must. Spanish is required for this placement. Those with intermediate / advance Spanish can spend 100% of Tuesday - Thursday volunteering. Those with little Spanish will split their time; mornings will be spent volunteering and afternoons learning Spanish.
- Childcare & Children
- Community Development
A Kaya volunteer shows enthusiasm, spirit and life to stimulate and bring something new to the residents; love, patience and a listening ear for the people; and a good motivator with a positive and optimistic attitude.
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- Online Application