Kaya Responsible Travel Header Image Kaya Responsible Travel Header Image

Classroom and Child Care Assistant Placements in Siem Reap

Designing & making jewellery from innertubes

I really wasn't sure what to expect when I first applied to go abroad somewhere. I had no idea that this experience would be so rewarding. I got in touch with Kaya responsible travel who gave me choices & information relevant to my skills, we shared lots of info for a long time until we were both satisfied that Cambodia would suit me. It was a sewing project and this is what I teach here in the UK, so I felt comfortable knowing that I would be able to share my skills. Kaya looked after me from the beginning to the end, and guided me tirelessly through the whole project, here and in Cambodia, where I was introduced before I left to the team there. Everything was explained in detail what to expect, the do's and don'ts, the things that were expected of me and what I could expect from them. The whole process ran very smoothly, and when I arrived in Cambodia ( where I was picked up by the Tuk Tuk driver) I was given a tour of Siem Reap, the school, and the place I would be working. They were all just great and very welcoming, which immediately put me at ease. The whole 2 weeks was an adventure even though I was working. I really wish I could of stayed longer as I felt I was just finding my feet. ( I was told this before I went) but unfortunately I had commitments at home. I wrote in my journal every day, and now look back on it & smile. I felt so looked after, but was also given space to make the experience my own. The group were always there to answer sometimes idiotic questions without making me like they were idiotic. Cannot recommend this enough. Just do it, you will not regret it I can guarantee that, especially with this fantastic infrastructure that ensure your experience will be a lasting, lovely memory. Thanks to all the Kaya & KKO staff.

Barbara, 58 yrs, from Leicester College