Karstaway Header Image Karstaway Header Image

Chinese language and Adventure

• The Campus

This. Is. Awesome.

Had an amazing first month in Yangshou with the whole Karstaway team. For the English speakers, we had Chinese lessons every weekday morning from 9-12 (and English for the Chinese speakers) which was a huge asset throughout our stay in Yangshou as well as during our internship in Sanya. Every afternoon was full of great adventures that expanded your circle of comfort, or gave you the adrenaline rush some of us are craving for from time to time. For those rainy days or times we needed to focus on our upcoming projects, Karstaway helped facilitate projected goals based on our ideas surrounding our personal aspirations, as well as benefits for the projects and the people involved with them. In total we had two groups who went to two very different places. By the end of our first month together, we were all very sad to say good-bye, but were excited to hear about the projects each team was working on, and what outcome we all had by the end of it. Definitely a highlight of the whole Karstaway program. It added a great balance between work and play while letting us truly enjoy the natural beauty of Yangshou, China.

• The Campus

A unique learning experience

This program is for those who want to really experience something different. It's for those who are willing to grow as a person outside of their comfort zones.
It's really a lot of fun and I learned a lot about china and myself. It was a lot of hard work but I feel like I made a difference.