John Cabot Universityhttp://www.johncabot.edu/about_jcu/center-...
Via della Lungara, 233 Rome, 00165 Italy
Italy: Roma (Rome)
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, Academic Year, Throughout the year
With 150 competitive internships offered each semester to help build your professional career, John Cabot students are able to develop skills, build connections and enhance their employability through quality work opportunities at top multinational companies, international organizations, and NGO's in their field of study. John Cabot considers professional internships an essential part of the individual learning process, as well as an important step in preparing its students for today's top competitive job market. Read below on how to apply for an Internship and contact Prof. Antonella Salvatore, Career Services Coordinator, to make an appointment.
*Only open to currently enrolled John Cabot students.
An internship is a short-term employment opportunity, often unpaid, that allows the intern to combine classroom learning with hands-on work experience prior to graduation. In the program, a student:
* Earns up to 3 credit hours/per internship, while gaining practical experience in a work environment
* Works for an organization for a 120 to 150 contact hours during a normal 14-week semester
* Receives a Pass/Not Pass grade, given by a member of the John Cabot Faculty
A successful internship should produce significant learning through exposure to "real" projects and organizational problems, development of technical skills needed in a chosen field and increased insight regarding the organizational work environment and the interns own strengths and weaknesses in the chosen field.
To be eligible for the program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
* Be currently enrolled at John Cabot University
* Are degree-seeking candidate at the University or have completed at least one academic semester at the University
*Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.30 or better, at least for the most recent 30 credits taken during the regular academic semester (excluding the summer sessions)
* Have completed their sophomore year (has at least 60 credits toward graduation)
* Meet internship specifications
* Are prepared and willing to engage in a systematic evaluation of his or her experience as an intern
* Agree to take no more than four courses in addition to the Internship. Special permission by the Dean of the University is necessary for an exception to this requirement
* Adhere to the policies and regulations of the Sponsoring Organization/Firm including but not limited to: security checks, medical examinations, work schedules, proprietary information agreements, etc.
Additional requirements include:
* Agreeing to uphold the University's code of conduct pledge
* Agreeing not to withdraw from an internship site, or end the internship prior to the contracted date without the prior approval of the Organizational Sponsor/Firm and the Dean of the University
* Agreeing to correspond or meet with his/her Faculty Advisor at least twice during the term (or as agreed to) on the dates specified describing work done to date, progress made on the Research Paper or other relevant information
3,000 to 10,750 per term. *please note prices may vary. Contact us to confirm.
You must be a currently enrolled student at John Cabot University.
4-5 working days when complete