Engineering Director Needed in China
Germany: Berlin, Bonn, Dusseldorf and 7 other cities
The successful candidate for the Engineering Director will be responsible for the overall management of Engineering department, which including NPI (New Product Implementation), PE (Process Engineering), IE (Industry Engineering), Mold Engineering (Mold Design and Making), production fixture/jig design and fabrication. The Engineering Director need to establish a capable engineering team, take over the implementation of the new product from R&D team once the product design is approved, develop the right and capable manufacturing processes to support the manufacturing of the new products, design and make the mold/tool/fixture that required for new product manufacturing, and be responsible for PFMEA and problem solving to ensure the new product goes through the NPI processes and move into mass production smoothly in a timely manner and hit the cost target. The Engineering Director is also responsible for the trouble shooting with existing products and manufacturing processes, continuous improve process capability to ensure the product was made on right quality standard and in the most cost-effective way. It’s required where necessary for the Engineering Director to provide technical support to the supplier where the parts are outsourced, to ensure the parts outsourced were made on the specification and meet quality standard.
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Experience and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor degree or above in electronic, electric or equivalent;
• 15 years+ working experience in an Engineering Management Role with minimum 10 years leadership in New Products Introduction in a fast-paced manufacturing environment;
Experience should include new product development and introduction, packaging design, process engineering, mold engineering, project management and establishment of engineering structure and procedures to support company strategy and business needs;
• Rich experience on product design and implementation, solid experience with variant manufacturing technologies, i.e. SMT, plastic injection and die casting, CNC, anodizing, assembly, etc.;
• Good knowledge and experience with design software, i.e. Solidwork, moldflow, UG, etc.;
• Ability to communicate effectively to influence others and gain support to achieve results in a cooperative manner;
• Ability on decision making -- uses a proactive approach to problems and challenges and is able to react quickly and decisively to critical situations;
• Ability to work in multi-language and multi-cultural environment in our global entity to ensure projects and processes are linked well;
• Effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple complex assignments, projects and issues simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Work independently and collaboratively; Possess a high level of self-motivation, initiative and innovative problem solving;
• Good command of English (oral English is must);
• China working experience is preferred;
This Program is open to
Australian, Worldwide, American, Canadian and European Participants.
Application Process Involves