Jamaica Volunteer Expeditions Header Image Jamaica Volunteer Expeditions Header Image

Community Development Project in Jamaica

Unforgettable! :)

I really enjoyed the time we spent with the kids. it was truly unforgettable to experience the bonds made with each and everyone of them. They made it something that I would love to do again in the future. I wish we spent more time with them; ( the full week with them and two beach days would be really ideal :)). Despite not being able to spend a full week with the kids, it was still something I will never forget.

Helping others and changing our lives

This was such an amazing experience. I enjoyed every minute of this trip. All the people i met were amazing. This changed my perspective in life for sure. I will miss the kids we worked with, forever. And I am forever grateful for this experience.

A memorable experience

Considering the fact that this was my first time being out of the country. I am extremely grateful and happy that it was with JVE and my friends in Jamaica. I've learned so much about the culture, the food and the people. This trip has helped me changed my prospective of the world and I had so much fun. I really enjoyed the itinerary planned for the whole week and I am glad that the weather also treated us well. If I ever get the chance to come back to Jamaica or do this volunteer program again, i definitely would.

Memorable mission trip

Working with the kids was extremely fun and they inspired me to live my life being more grateful. Farming was also very fun. However, the beach was my favorite because who doesn't love the beach.

Juliette

Jamaican mission trip

This mission trip with JVE has been a tone of fun. I've learned so much, and the people apart of the Trip (Karla, Julian and Omar) made the experience truly a good one. Altogether, it has been amazing and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. Thank you!

A priceless experience I will never forget

I did not know what to expect when I came to Jamaica for this trip, but I am extremely happy that I decided to come. Everyone is very kind and all of the food was really awesome. I learned more from the kids at the school, than I taught them and made connections that I will never forget. I am very happy that I decided to come on this trip and will never forget this amazing experience.

Unforgettable

This experience has impacted my life on so many different levels. Not only did I get to meet amazing new people but I got to experience what living in Jamaica might actually be like without all the fancy resorts. The support from the team was incredible and they definitely made the overall experience better. Meeting the children and getting to connect with them was definitely a high moment of the trip. They were so happy and kind, I got to play with them and teach them, as well as them teaching me. I loved the kids so much and I have never had a better experience then getting to know them. The food was also so amazing and is definitely one of the aspects I miss the most. Overall the trip was amazing and I would recommend it to anyone is looking for a service trip like this one.

Overall really great!

I had a lot of fun. It was hard to get use to the kids at first, but eventually it was really fun to spend time with them. Also the bugs weren't fun but the living situation was a lot of fun. And the staff from JVE were really great. I'm really glad I had this experience.

JVE: A One-of-a-kind Service Endeavour

Spending April break in Jamaica with JVE was an overall energetic and memorable experience. At the Mt Olivet primary school, the groups was able to create strong bonds with the kind school children. This experience also allowed us to engage in service in an international education context. I also enjoyed the time to relax and see the lush side of the country.

Jamaican Adventure!

I enjoyed this trip very much! I felt like I got a good experience of the Jamaican culture. There were many culture shocks for me but I like enjoyed trying new foods, new activities ( Karla's dancing) and going to different places. One piece of advice is maybe not so much rest time. I would've liked to do more during long hours of rest time.

Amazing first mission trip!

I had an amazing experience on my first mission trip here in Mount Olivet. We did a lot of teaching, playing, painting and farming on this trip. I will never forget the bonds made on this mission trip.

A week I'll never forget

Every experience on this trip was extremely impactful. Working at the Mount Olivet Primary School was something I will never forget. Thank you for making my first time out of the country so memorable!

Mission trip

I found this experience to be very rewarding. However, I feel like a bigger impact could've been made at the school if we had known what supplies the students needed. We could have done more to bring notebooks, pencils, paper etc.. I also felt that more information about proper school etiquette should have been communicated ahead of time. I was very pleased with all the wonderful food served and our accommodations were great. During the farming day if felt that an opportunity was lost to explain the grave economic situation of the farmers. Crops were not explained and many students were not clear why they were doing certain activities. When a teaching moment is presented, it should be taken advantage. I also think that more time at the school would have been great. The day trip to Montego bay was great but the travel time was too long.

-Advisor