Jakera Adventure Venezuela participants on top of a mountain Jakera Adventure Venezuela participants on top of a mountain

Learn Spanish and Experience Real Adventure!

• The Campus

The best sixth months of my life so far

To put it simply, coming to Venezuela and being a part of the 6 month travelling classroom program (January 2014) is the best thing I have ever done. I have made amazing friends, become conversational in Spanish in only a few weeks, seen and done unbelievable things and learned so much about myself. I’ve also learned a lot about many other cultures from not only my surroundings, but from the fact the program is so multicultural! The trips offered on the course are phenomenal, using extremely knowledgeable guides to show you not only the typically touristic aspects of the country like Mount Roraima and Angel Falls (which were still unbelievable), but to also show you the ‘real’ Venezuela, like staying with indigenous tribes and kayaking through small, virtually unseen caňitos in the heart of the jungle in the Orinoco Delta. Playa Colorada, where the lodge is based, is a stunning place that forces you to get back to nature with no wifi or phone signal- something I am so grateful for as it has allowed me to fully enjoy my time for myself, without the sole aim of putting it on social networking sites! You are never truly cut off from the world though, as the nearest town, Puerto la Cruz, has cafes with free wifi and phone booths where you can call abroad for virtually nothing. The balance of learning Spanish, going on once in a lifetime excursions, chilling out on the beach and partying whilst learning salsa and merengue dancing is perfect, and I don’t ever want to leave this amazing country. Though I’ll definitely be taking home the Venezuelan philosophy of ‘maňana maňana’ (a much more laid back approach to life), I urge you to hastily join a travelling classroom program. It is the best decision you will ever make.

• The Adventure

Amazing trip

I think this has been an amazing trip. It´s a great combination of learning a new language, getting to know new people from all over the world, doing lots of adventures while experiencing a new culture in a very exciting country. I have loved my time here and I am very sad that the time has flown by so fast. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is open for new things and wants to try a new way of travelling.