iXperience Header Image iXperience Header Image

iXperience – Learn & Intern with Top Companies in Cape Town

An ideal program

I attended iXperience’s Web Development course in the summer of 2014, and completed the subsequent internship as a software engineer with Platform45. My time in Cape Town with iX turned out to be the most beneficial and impactful experience of my life. Specifically, I want to highlight three major benefits of the program: Academic, professional, and social.

The courses at iX ‐ covering a wide range of business and technical skills ‐ are incredibly intense. As a Finance major, I was amazed to see iX Finance students learn more in a month than I would in an entire semester. The vibe is professional yet relaxed, engendering a uniquely intrinsic motivation in its students. Everyone is there to learn from each other, and the program’s ability to attract top students and lecturers creates a magical learning environment.

Following the classroom component, students intern with a local South African company to put their newfound skills to use in a professional environment. This experience was pivotal, as I realized that a career in web development was not the right fit for me. Though this was a bittersweet realization, it led me to make a more informed post‐graduate career decision. In recruiting for consulting positions, I am confident that my internship work in Cape Town was essential to my success in landing a position with Bain & Company.

Finally, there are countless social benefits to attending iX. I built a network of highly aspirational friends, many of whom I still keep in touch with. Our friendship was founded not just on our classroom experiences, but on the epic adventures we had in Cape Town. I underwent rapid personal growth at iX and had the greatest summer of my life, all while gaining crucial academic and professional experience. This program is ideal for any college student looking to study abroad, intern, and explore the world all in a single summer.

iXperience review

iXperience offered the most epic summer I could have asked for! To learn a real-world, extremely hire-able skill that I greatly enjoyed in only four weeks was just the beginning. It was topped off with a meaningful internship where I did real work every day and presented a rewarding final prototype to my entire company (and they loved it!). Days were full of learning, working, exploring a beautiful city, immersing myself in a foreign culture, and more. I jumped off a bridge, jumped out of an airplane, played with elephants, swam with sharks, ate incredible food -- the list goes on and on. Despite some very minor issues that I naturally expected to arise from a new start-up, iXperience is a rapidly growing program that I would highly recommend to anyone.