ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants

Veritas Christian Study Abroad in Valparaíso, Chile

Veritas in Valparaíso

I had an incredible experience in Chile with Veritas Christian Study Abroad, through ISA. The eight of us students in Veritas meshed into a caring, safe community and we were also included with the ISA program of about 50 students. We were given opportunities to join ministries already established in the area. This working with Christians already in Valparaíso and Viña del Mar was very influential on my own relationship with God, as well as with how I view missions. Instead of coming in as if we are the one's with the authority and all of the knowledge, we were given the opportunity to build relationships with the people in the ministries and to learn from them as well. Through the Veritas program, we had a mission mentor who for me was a role model, teacher, and friend. I'm incredibly thankful for the time I was able to spend in Chile and for all of the relationships that were cultivated while I was there, with Chileans, other students from the U.S., and other international students as well.