ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants

ISA Study Abroad in Valparaiso/Vina del Mar, Chile

How to get travel fever

My time in Chile was by far the best of my life. You think life at your university is great, and it is. But ever since I returned from this program I wish I was back in Valparaíso every day, it absolutely does not compare. I was placed with a host family that was so loving and happy to integrate me into all family outings and holidays. My Chilean mom even taught me how to Cueca (Chilean national dance) and then dressed me in traditional garb to dance with my cousins during independence festivities. Chile has so much to offer to the adventurous students. I went surfing and skiing in the Andes in the same 24 hours! And Valparaiso, it is so beautiful with hills of colorful houses and stunning views of the coastline. The driest desert in the world to the north, Patagonia and the lake region to the south, it is impossible to run out of things to do. I cannot speak highly enough of my experience with this program. They help you every step of the way and maximize your experience.

Valparaiso & Vina del Mar - the summer of a lifetime

I spent 10 weeks of a summer living in Chile with ISA and I could not have had a more incredible experience. I highly recommend ISA to anyone studying abroad anywhere in the world- they are professional, supportive, and ensured we were safe even when there were country-wide protests done by students to improve the university education system. I met so many wonderful new people and made lifelong friends and I have been wanting to go back and visit since the day I left!

Best Experience of My Life

I can only say good things about this country, these cities, and this program. I had the time of my life getting to know some of the most amazing people, learning and improving on my favorite language, and coming to appreciate the world around me even more. ISA did a fantastic job of getting us ready, getting us there and settled in, and helping us with any needs or concerns the entire time. I was placed with an amazing family, with whom I am still in touch, and my only regret is my own lack of pushing myself to get out and meet new people. The people, both of ISA and of Chile, are wonderful, and you cannot choose a better place to learn or improve your Spanish and see the world.

Perfecto!

My experience abroad with ISA literally changed my life. I ended up changing my major career goals. I cannot express fully my gratitude and appreciation for all the people at ISA and CLU that encouraged me along the way.

Study Abroad.... changing lives one flight at a time...

¡Vo dale!

I have yet to come across a city I've found as interesting and amazing as Valparaíso. From the street performers to the beaches and mountains to the richness of the local culture, you will always have something to do and something new to try or see. I would strongly recommend this program to anyone, especially Spanish language or International Studies students, as I truly enjoyed my host family and the myriad opportunities the country had to offer. Valpo will always have my heart.

Valpo, Chile

I loved my time in Chile. I loved that my classes assigned homework that forced me to get to know the community by speaking with natives and exploring the area. I feel much more proficient in Spanish after my time abroad.
My host family was incredible. They were very intentional about making me comfortable and talking to me each day. Every day when I left for school, my host mom would tell me she loved me. They even had a dog - truly my host home felt like my home in America.
I enjoyed the opportunities to travel and get to know the country. I think it is important to explore because you never know when you will be able to return.