ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants

ISA Study Abroad in Valencia, Spain

Take me back any day!

Studying abroad in Valencia was hands down the best 5 weeks of my life. I went into my experience without any expectations, knowledge of Spanish, or preconceived ideas of what was ahead of me. Little did I know I would meet the most amazing people, learn to communicate with a lotttttt of hand gestures and facial expressions, and fall in love with a city I never even knew existed. I wouldn't change one second of it even if I could. Not only did I come back with exciting stories and memories, but I actually enjoyed the courses I took and no doubt learned way more than I ever would have if I had opted not to step out of my comfort zone.

A fantastic experience

I went for a summer session and I stayed at an apartment with 4 other girls. We lived right by the city center, and conveniently only 5 or 10 minutes walking from my university. ISA provided us with excursions every weekend, which were always a lot of fun. In fact, I consider them to be my favorite part of the trip. The program directors were more than helpful with everything that we needed, being on call at all hours of the day. Not only do you get to visit new sites and make new friends when studying abroad, but you also learn a lot about yourself and how independent you can be. I would recommend this trip to anyone. The #1 thing people tell me when I mention that I've studied abroad is that it was the one thing that they regret not doing during their college experience.

Es la Vida

Living in Valencia, Spain for a month and a half was absolutely amazing! I could not have asked for a better host mom. She took me to many local events where I was able to really get a feel for the culture. She was an excellent cook and furthered my Spanish speaking abilities through daily practice. The Americans I studied with were great as well. Many of them I still talk to today because they were such an influential part of my life during my time abroad. Valencia is a fairly large city so there is plenty to do. Never did I feel unsafe and I would go back in a heart beat. The excursions that the ISA program took me on were spectacular. It's definitely a great way to see many of the different cities of Spain. !Hasta Lluego!

Spanish Summer

I spent a summer in Valencia with ISA and loved it! I would recommend it to anyone. The program directors were very organized and always willing to help. I really enjoyed all the extra programming they offered. The classes were great too! I enjoyed learning about the culture that I was living in.

Life-changing experience

Studying abroad was a last minute decision for me. I was horrible at speaking Spanish and had promised my high school Spanish teacher that if she gave me a C in her class, I would study abroad in college. So she did. I did not do a lot of research but went to a school that was a strong supporter of ISA. I am so lucky that I went with this company and would not consider any other provider for my siblings and friends. The quality of ISA programs is very apparent from the second that you express interest in their until long after you have returned. You have full support at all times.

Valencia is a big-little city with tons to do. The Spanish there is easy to understand, and the people are extremely helpful. During my time abroad I made friends that will last a lifetime, fell in love with the city and the Spanish culture, and left with a new sense of confidence and independence that can only be gained by stepping outside of your comfort zone and exploring the unknown. And now, I can confidently give myself an A+ in the Spanish language--this definitely took more than a semester though! You'll want to move back abroad after college too... just wait.

My classes were challenging and prepared me well for everyday life in Spain. Upon returning to my university , I was at the top of all upper level Spanish classes that I took from that point on.

I almost never met English speakers outside of my program and feel like Valencia gives you a true representation of Spanish culture with very little influence from other countries.

The staff is fantastic and goes out of their way to help their students immerse themselves into the culture and city through cultural excursions, advice on where to go and what to do and updates on events taking place in the city and other party of the country. Very supportive.

ISA was my first choice when I started looking for study abroad programs and I will never regret going aborad with ISA. I was the best decision that i could have ever made! The overall program has and over the top organization!

ISA was my first choice when I started looking for study abroad programs and I will never regret going abroad with ISA. I was the best decision that i could have ever made! The overall program has and over the top organization!

Wonderful experience

This was an absolutely wonderful experience that allowed me to experience parts of Spain on my own terms while still having a support system to answer any questions I had. Not only was Valencia beautiful, but the ISA staff was so helpful in highlighting places for me to visit and providing suggestions of what to do and see. The pre-determined excursions were very fun and allowed me to see the best parts of Valencia, Madrid, and Barcelona in a limited amount of time, and I was still allowed plenty of time to explore on my own. Therefore I really felt that I was able to become part of the community by living there day to day (unlike a tourist), but I was not completely abandoned to figure everything out on my own. I had an absolutely wonderful time and ISA did a great job of arranging a host grandma for me to stay with. The food she prepared was so delicious and the conversations we had not only improved my Spanish skills, but also gave me a better sense of the culture by learning more about her and her lifestyle. Classes were very manageable and the University of Valencia was very conveniently located to my home and other activities. I would highly reccommend this program because of how easy ISA makes everything and also because Valencia is the perfect combination of history, modernity, and beach.