ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants

ISA Study Abroad in Sevilla, Spain

Find your Global Love

I couldn't have been luckier to experience a city more beautiful as Sevilla and a program as well structured as my partnership through ISA . I stayed with a host family which is essential to cultural integration. Living and talking to natives everyday encouraged me actively participate in the Spanish lifestyle. One of the greatest parts about going global is the process of becoming a more critical thinker and develop more creative approaches to solving problems. ISA provides a fantastic platform to explore such a historic city.

Study in Sevilla!

Sevilla is an amazing city in the south of Spain. I had never visited prior to studying abroad and had no clue what to really expect and I was blown away! During the 6 weeks I spent in Sevilla with ISA, I completely fell in love with the city. It really just is an absolutely beautiful city and I loved to walk everywhere to really appreciate the history and the culture. I stayed with a host family which really helped me improve my Spanish and helped me really immerse myself in the culture. The classes taught by ISA staff were really interesting and the staff members would take us on field trips to places in the city (ie. the market, the cathedral, etc.) to help us gain a more well-rounded understanding of the Spanish culture. In addition, we took weekend excursions to other nearby cities like Cordoba, Granada, Cordoba, Jerez and Malaga which really allowed us to see other parts of Andalucia that we might not have visited if we were to go on our own. My only regret is that I did not study abroad in Sevilla for longer as the 6 weeks flew by!

Once Upon a Time, in a Country Far Far Away

My time in Sevilla was incredible. The city itself is has so much to offer and is straight from the pages of a fairy tale book, from its picturesque streets to its friendly inhabitant. My walk to school led me down along the river and through the park. During breaks between classes I would go picnic right across the street at Plaza de España aka Tatooine from Star Wars. Flamenco shows and tapas bars abound are an absolute must. Even the occasional bullfight is an experience worth having, if a little graphic for my taste. The ISA staff is incredibly helpful and personable. It was also nice that Sevilla has an airport, so that when I was able to pry myself away from the city I was able to easily travel to several other countries. Overall it was an incredible experience!

ISA Study Abroad in Sevilla, Spain

My experience with ISA in Spain was life changing. I was nervous at first, leaving the country with no family and no friends, but my expectations were exceeded. I chose to live in an apartment and the set up was amazing. Everything that we needed was provided and if there was anything else that we wanted, the ISA staff figured out a way to make us happy. The classes provided were both fun and educational, and I gained real knowledge about Spain's history and advanced my use of Spanish language. My favorite part of this program was the provided excursions to different cities in Spain and Morocco. The transportation and organization was all planned for us and our only job was to experience new culture and have fun. The on-site staff was like my family away from home. They were willing to do whatever it took to make us feel comfortable, safe, and happy. (Even if it meant coming to your hotel room every ten minutes to check on you and bring you gatorade when you are sick :)) Overall, the only complaint I have is that I couldn't stay forever!

Semester in Sevilla

I studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain for the spring 2014 semester. It was the most amazing experience and I learned so much about myself and about other people. Being immersed in another culture opened my eyes to many things. Going abroad through ISA made the transition from living in the U.S. to Spain so much easier. ISA is a great program and does everything that they can to provide you information about housing, safety, classes, places to sightsee, places to eat....the list goes on and on. Prior to leaving for Spain, I had about a million questions and whether I emailed or called the ISA office, they were always there to help!

Experience of a Lifetime!

I was lucky to spend the winter 2014 semester abroad in Sevilla, España. I had always wanted to study abroad in Argentina but by some luck, I traveled to Sevilla. This semester was by far the best experience of my life. I loved how supportive the ISA administration was in terms of helping us get the most out of our study abroad experience and putting us in contact with volunteer experiences that seemed most interesting to us. In addition I loved the cultural excursions we could participate in. It was a great way to meet natives and delve into the rich Spanish culture. Walking through Barrio Santa Cruz or watching the sunrise over the cathedral are some of my most fond memories. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything and am extremely grateful to ISA for all their hard work to make this semester the best!

Magical Sevilla, with the help of ISA

ISA Sevilla was a perfect program. From the initial questions about studying abroad, to the pickup from the airport, and the duration of my time in Seville, ISA staff was friendly and helpful. There wasn't a time where I didn't think I was getting my money's worth. The planned excursions were well organized and city events were interesting and applicable to the culture of the city. ISA truly helped make my whole experience of studying abroad wonderful.

To Sevilla and Back

Overall, the ISA made my experience 100% better. They have a wonderful group of people working for them in Sevilla. The staff at the ISA was always interested in hearing about your day or to just listen to you when you needed to vent about a situation. Hands down, one of the best decisions that I have made (city and program!).

Truly Unforgettable Experience

I could not have had a better or more thought evoking experience than I had in Sevilla! I learned so much about Spain, different cultures, and myself. The memories I have gained from this opportunity will be held onto and reflected on for years to come. This program has my highest recommendation!

Best Semester of my Life!

Everything you're looking for in a study abroad company.. ISA has! From the price, to included excursions and especially the staff- ISA is the best hands down. The on-site staff in Sevilla were absolutely amazing, they were helpful, fun, and just great people all around!
Sevilla is the most beautiful city in the world and there is everything a student needs in order to have the best study abroad experience. From the bars and clubs, to the food, the locals, everything is new and exciting! There are always new streets to get lost in and different experiences every night in the city! I recommend studying in Sevilla whole heartedly with ISA!

You should definitely go to Seville!

I think that if you’re considering coming to Sevilla through Student Voyage, you should definitely go. You will be completely immersed in the culture and living with a host family is a great experience.

So much fun!

I haven’t been here for very long, but I am really enjoying the program. The host family is really good and we go on great weekend trips around Spain and Portugal and such. I am having so much fun!

Come to Sevilla

So far, this has been the best experience of my life and I highly recommend this experience to anyone with the ability to partake in this opportunity.

This place rocks

I love it here, my only regret is I won't be here much longer. My advice for anyone considering study abroad, go for a fun semester or a year. You will love wherever you go and you won't want to leave.

I enjoy it!

The academics are good; however, it is sometime discouraging because I would rather enjoy the country. It was an amazing experience.

Best Experience

One of the best experiences of my life

Summer in Sevilla

It was such a great experience! It's annoying going to class but the experience is totally worth it!

Sevilla is the best

Coming abroad was the best decision I ever made. I've made so many friends and learned so much about myself and Spain!

Best decision ever i ever made!

You'll make the best friends and memories you may (or may not) remember

ISA helped me connect the Spanish language...

ISA helped me connect the Spanish language to a beautiful country with a vibrant culture. I learned how to embrace this experience and found myself taking opportunities I never would have taken in the United States. It has been an amazing experience.

The best thing I've ever done!

Studying abroad in Sevilla was the best thing I’ve done in college! I went with a group of people from my school to study international marketing. Right upon arriving in Spain ISA greeted us at the airport and took us to our new homes for the month. I was very intimidated at the first place we stopped to eat not knowing ANY Spanish but somehow I made it through all month learning a lot! Throughout our whole month in Spain, ISA was constantly there to help us navigate through the city, teach us about culture, and organize events like kayaking down the river at sunset or attending a bull fight. ISA knows how scary it is to be in another culture with new surroundings and they make it very easy to adjust and fall in love with the city. Sevilla is a large city but with a small town feel. It is so easy to get lost in the little streets but somehow we would always make it back to Plaza de Cuba! The coolest part about Spain was all of the tapas restaurants. My favorite thing to do was go and order a bunch of dishes I couldn’t even pronounce off the menu to try all the original Spanish dishes (including payaya which is a must!). A little piece of my heart will always be left in Sevilla and I can’t wait for the opportunity to go back again thanks to ISA!

Spring in Sevilla

I had the most amazing semester abroad in Sevilla, Spain. It was the perfect city for me; with plenty of history, great food and authentic culture. I knew I wanted to study abroad in Spain, but I wanted to find the right place. Sevilla has so much to do, yet doesn't feel overwhelming like Madrid or Barcelona might feel to some people. ISA was excellent in planning excursions and weekly activities. I bonded with some great friends during the first week of Orientation and had a blast traveling with them the whole semester. I always tell everyone I can about my semester in Seville. My host Mom was incredible and I loved that I was able to get better at speaking Spanish. The culture in the south of Spain is very welcoming and vibrant. There are strong cultural traditions, such as Feria and Semana Santa that are amazing to experience. If you love good food, dancing, history, adventure, and fun: Seville is the perfect place for you!!

Delicious, adventurous, historical, enlightening, and rewarding

I visited my sister when she studied abroad in Spain and I knew I wanted to study abroad there, too. I also had a lot of background with the Spanish language and wanted to know more about its history and culture. Spain is so enchanting/magnetic that I was hooked the first time I stepped off the plane.

My most memorable experience was when I met my best friend and another friend in Madrid. We spent the entire weekend navigating the city and its sites! Self-sufficient I truly can be! That experience along with studying abroad in general gave me a lot more confidence.

Sevilla is the best

Come to Sevilla

Best decision I ever made!
You'll make the best friends and memories you may (or may not) remember.