ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants

ISA Study Abroad in Seoul, South Korea

I will always come back to the places I loved.

My study abroad through ISA to Seoul South Korea was an awesome experience. I attended Konkuk University, which had a sizable international students population. But even before I left for South Korea, ISA was really good in keeping in touch with me. I felt like I could ask them a ton of questions, and they were always happy to answer my questions. As someone who likes to be in control of everything, I really liked the orientation file that was sent to us on the student portal. Of course, once I was there I still had so many questions, and the on campus staff were so nice and helpful (a special shout out to Jaehoon).

The only complaint that I had was with the academic side of things. There were a couple of classes that I couldn't take, because it was either changed to it being taught in Korean or it wouldn't transfer back to my home institution. Nonetheless, I know that it wasn't necessarily ISA's fault, and I know that I was in a new country, and I needed to be flexible.

In my actual time in South Korea, I went on a couple of excursions (which are included in the cost). Because of the excursions, I really felt that I got to see South Korea in general as oppose to just staying in Seoul, because the excursions were well planned out to be all over South Korea.

Overall, I loved my time in South Korea. I met so many people from all around the world. I made great friends from across America. I learned so much about the South Korean culture and society. Going through ISA was the reason that I loved being in Seoul, and I can't wait to go back and visit.

Adventurous, fun, diverse, daring and unforgettable

I wanted to travel to Asia and ISA in Seoul seemed to have great opportunities for cultural immersion.

Walking at night throughout the city exploring and getting lost was remarkably memorable.

A Very Well-Managed Experience

My time abroad in South Korea was the first time I had ever left the country and I was not disappointed. Essentially this program started me off on the right foot of wanting to see the rest of the world. Our group was small and so we developed a good sense of unity. Even when we had to switch advisors, a potentially bad situation, the transition was incredibly smooth and the new advisor was just as capable despite us being her first group.

Konkuk University had some stringent rules, but this helped us navigate cultural differences right from the start. The classes I took, although ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous, were also a great way to understand cultural differences. We were able to understand people our age and what sort of challenges they dealt with.

I would recommend ISA's Seoul program to anyone. It was incredibly fun, educational and eye-opening. It gets you far and keeps you safe the entire time. The advisors (I had two of them) were candid and despite being incredibly busy, were interested in getting to know you as a person and respected you as an adult.