ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants

ISA Study Abroad in Paris, France

Time of my life and I owe it all to I.S.A.

Studying Abroad in Paris was one if not THE BEST decision of my life. If I had any regrets in life they would be not studying abroad sooner or longer.
It is one thing to say that going to Paris is on my bucket list and another to say that I have crossed off living in Paris off my bucket list. This opportunity would not be available if it weren't for ISA! They have been the go-to person before, during and after my trip. Before I got there they answered my various Visa questions. During my experience they introduced me to true cultural experiences and introduced me to some of my French best friends and after I left, they welcomed me to my home away from home. It is such a well organized program that make you feel at home.
I have never said I have fallen in love with a location until I got to Paris. I love the people, the language, the streets, the buildings, food, everything ... and I wouldn't have it any other way. Studying abroad made me view the world and myself with such new eyes that introduced me to who I really am. It caused me to learn my third language, have so much to contribute in conversations and taught me how to be interesting, not just be a person going though the motions. Its a decision I would never ever change..

We'll Always Have Paris.

Yes, I quoted Casablanca. No, I don't expect you to get the reference. I also don't expect you to have my Parisian experience. I studied at the wonderful Institut Catholique de Paris. My first day in Paris, I asked 5 Frenchmen for directions; 4 ignored me, and one gave me incorrect directions - Welcome to Paris :). Don't let that phase you, because now, I've lived.I've I've seen my self enter into an entirely new metamorphosis; spiritually, mentally and physically. I've descended into the Parisian catacombs to face its death, and I've ascended to the highest peak in the Austrian Alps, never feeling more alive. I've walked in the footsteps of kings in the Palace of Versailles, and I've ventured the streets of beggars in the heart of the Seine. I've traveled to the city of love, and indeed I've found it. I've witnessed the sights of nazi atrocities, and I've honored the men who sacrificed their all to overcome it. I've spent my days reading of DDay beach landings, and now I know it's deceptively calm waves. I've spent my days learning about Norte Dame , and now I know the true beauty of a Gregorian chant in it's purest form. I've eaten more bread, crêpes and macaroons than any one man should ever consume. I've been embraced by a millennia of humanities greatest artistic endeavors. I've smiled at Mona Lisa and I've literally walked to the gates of hell (Rodin). I've made the greatest friendships, I've tasted the finest wine, I've brought my grandma to Europe, if only her name on a lovelock. A piece of her is in Paris. A piece of her is in me. A piece of Paris is in me. I have become my experiences. I've lived more in one year than most dare to in their entire lives. I've lived.

Simply Incredible

Studying abroad in Paris was always a goal of mine. My experience in France was unforgettable and surprisingly easy-going thanks to ISA. From pre-departure to the very end of my stay in Paris, the staff could not have been more helpful. After a stressful flight, I was relieved to be picked up by ISA and transported to my housing (one less thing I had to worry about!). The ISA Paris staff were extremely knowledgeable with introducing the do's and don'ts that were custom in the city. The office was always welcoming and they were happy to assist in any way possible from exchanging currency to finding a cool place to eat. The program really encouraged intermingling with other students from ISA which made the transition all the more pleasant. Traveling around France and organizing a going-away dinner were only a few of the many things ISA provided that contributed to the best experience of my life and I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

Best Decision Ever

Out of all the life decisions I've made thus far, studying abroad in Paris was the best. Being in Paris made me feel like a whole new person. I got to learn about myself, meet new people, and live in a city which I've always dreamt of. To say my experiences was amazing would be an understatement. To top things off the ISA staff in Paris were very friendly, young and a lot of fun. They were very helpful and gave us really great suggestions on where to go and what to eat. They became my second family. I am very grateful for this experience and would strongly recommend everyone to study abroad.

J'adore Paris!

I absolutely loved my experience with isa! It was the most life-changing experience I’ve ever had and I wouldn’t trade my experience for the world: the good, the bad, and the ugly. From day 1 of applying to isa, the Austin staff was extremely helpful and supportive of making sure I got all the right paperwork done and my visa was processed correctly! In fact, I actually ended up missing a form the day before my embassy interview and isa overnighted it to me so that I wouldn’t have to miss my appointment. The great thing about studying abroad with a provider like isa is that they take care of the logistics for you. I got on my plane to Paris knowing that someone had set up my housing, someone was going to pick me up at the airport, I was registered for classes, etc. The on-site staff was really helpful and supportive with some health care issues I had too which I really appreciated since my French was not very good!

Paris is a beautiful city and while many say they fall in love in Paris, I would say I fell in love with Paris! There’s nothing like an afternoon stroll along the seine, eating a crepe at Trocadero while gazing at the Eiffel Tower, spending long afternoons at sidewalk cafes, or getting your bread fresh every morning. Paris is also a fantastic city to study abroad in because it is so close to other amazing cities in Europe. During my study abroad experience I visited 6 other countries and countless cities. The relatively cheap and easy travel is one of the huge perks of being in continental Europe.

Studying abroad really teaches you to be independent, learn a new language and culture, adapt to countless circumstances, and discover who you are. It takes a leap of faith to be willing to leave everything behind and step into the unknown, but I promise it is a decision you will never regret! Now what are you waiting for? Go Study Abroad!!!

Studying in Paris with ISA was an AMAZING experience. I got to live out my dream of living in and exploring the beautiful city of Paris.

All of the information supplied by ISA before departure and upon arriving in France was so helpful and helped prevent serious culture shock and stress. The staff is so incredibly helpful about any questions/issues you may have. They plan excursions in the city and outside of Paris for you, so you get to explore a little more without any extra effort. That's also a really good and easy way to meet other people in the program.

The French course at the Catholic University was somewhat challenging and really forced me to speak up and use my French which turned out to be a really good thing as I gained more confidence to go out and speak to the natives. Workload was not bad at all though, so I never felt swamped with school work and could go out after class without stressing. I took Art History with ISA, and that was incredible. We went to many museums and sites in the city, and I learned a ton. No classroom time at all, which was great.

I met so many awesome people through the program, and my host family was fantastic. I am so grateful to ISA for giving me this great experience. If you are considering this program, go for it!