ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants

ISA Study Abroad in Madrid, Spain

Yo Soy Español

I always knew I would return to Madrid to study abroad ever since I visited for 3 days in high school on a cultural immersion trip. The city life, the loving people and the overall Spanish vibe provided me with the best study abroad experience I could have asked for. My homestay experience was everything I hoped for and more, I can't wait to go back and visit my host mom again! Universidad de Antonio de Nebrija was the perfect place to take classes for an American looking to meet people from all over the world while still feeling at home in the classroom. The ISA Office staff in Madrid are all perfect humans and will answer to your every beckon call. They really made you feel like you belonged in their city while showing you the best places to sightsee, eat and enjoy what España had to offer. Overall, my study abroad experience with ISA provided me with a whole new outlook on travel, culture and life in general and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat!

Fall(ing in Love) in Madrid

Living in the city center was extremely exciting and useful in terms of immersion. The fact that not everyone speaks English in such a big city can be intimidating at first, but after about a couple of weeks, you will get accustomed to it. The locals are nice and have a good relationship with tourists and foreigners. The professors were extremely qualified for the courses they taught. Nightlife is exciting, and the city is safe for its size.

Exploring my Spanish roots

I attended a small private university, Universidad Antonio de Nebrija, which provided the perfect experience to learn another language. All of my classes were taught in Spanish, although there are courses in English. ISA and the university do a good job to make sure every student feels comfortable at the level of Spanish they are placed in. As far as coursework, there was not a lot because each of the classes I had was more about speaking the language. In that sense, my time abroad was rigorous because day in and day out I was comprehending all instructions and all of my friends in Spanish. The university offers sports for those students who feel the need to explore their more athletic side, offers several excursions with the university professors, and offers the opportunity to practice Spanish with the locals in the international club.

As far as housing goes, I lived with a host family that was handpicked by ISA and I could not have been more satisfied. The house was a 10 minute from school and a 2 minute walk from a metro stop to go into town. The family did not speak English but they were very accommodating to me and my roommate. My laundry was done every week and the family provided 2 meals every day (there is no breakfast really in Spain). When I had an excursion with ISA my host family made sure to pack a lunch for the trip.

Studying abroad in Madrid was the best 3 months of my life. I would not trade that experience for anything.

Study Abroad

I love studying abroad!

A Month To Remember

My experience abroad in España has been a great cultural immersion. It has allowed me to learn the Spanish language and learn the traditions of the people.

ISA All The Way!

ISA was a great program that provided many opportunities to not only improve your Spanish but learn about the heart and soul of Spain as well!

A Dream Come True

ISA and living in Madrid for a month has not only helped my Spanish skills, but has helped me mature and grow as a person more than I could have imagined. I wish everyone could experience traveling to another country. My host family, new friends, and Madrid will always have my heart,

The City That Stole My Heart

This may have been the best experience of my life. I have met so many people and created amazing friendships and memories. I knew I would have a good time in Madrid but didn't know I would fall in love with the city. I wish I had more time in Madrid but I plan on studying abroad again.

Awesome!

Studying abroad has been an amazing experience. Meeting people from all around the world has been awesome and eye opening. Everyone should go abroad at least once in their life!

Spain Review

Spain Rocks!

Mi Vida Español!

España is the place to go to study abroad and have the time of your life!

Perfecto/Magnifico

A great time and I have learned a lot. A life changing experience that I will never forget, it will shape me as a person.

DO IT!

studying abroad with ISA was the best decision of my life. I loved every moment living in Europe and leaving was the hardest thing I had ever had to do.

Nebrija university was an amazing school. I was really glad that I got to study there. The professors are great and super helpful with anything you might need help with

Living in Spain is really fun and challenging. If you take time to get to learn the language and make friends outside of your fellow study abroad group, by the time you leave the country your almost like a local. ISA gave us a lot of opportunities to be immersed into the Spanish culture

Just like anywhere you go be careful with your items. I felt safe riding the metro and walking around with my friends. I never felt any real danger because I was always with a group and knew my surroundings.

ISA is awesome!!!

I did a lot of research before settling in with ISA, but I am so glad I ended up there. The staff both stateside and abroad was enormously helpful, and in my opinion, that says so much for the experience as a whole. Their Madrid office is right in the middle of the town square, so it's fun to go in and ask for anything you may need. The excursions were awesome and super unique, and if it weren't for them I don't think I would have seen a lot of what ended up being my favorite parts of the country. The university is great as well, and the classes offered were really fun. I'd even be so bold as to say that I may have learned more in Madrid than at my home university, and I completely enjoyed it at the same time! ISA is wonderful, and I have no regrets with the program I chose!. Do it!!

ISA Madrid Review

ISA is a great program to use when studying abroad, regardless of the city you are staying in. The site is easy to access and navigate when you're looking for a program. At times, the program will be very affordable, but pay attention to how much it is compared to what you're paying at your home university. I highly recommend ISA. They are so helpful with everything! The only thing not included is airfare, so make sure you scout the internet for deals when planning your trip.

I took two classes- Spanish 1 and European History, Culture & Politics (English). Professors at the program were very willing to help out their students and offer assistance. ISA did a great job sending out transcripts to your home university and other documents needed.

3 different options-
Residencia (dorm-like)- This is what I did. I had my own room. There are about 10 other bedrooms filled with US and international students. There were 3 bathrooms, kitchen, washing machine and dining area.

apartment- this is separate from the program, but ISA does offer assistance in finding external housing options.

home-stay- If I could go back, I would have done this. So many of my friends did this option and said it was the best part of their experience. I recommend this!!

Madrid is a city of tourists so many question whether they'll be able to check out Spanish culture. However, this big city is full of it so you'll have no trouble finding something to do or learn about.

ISA is great. They'll help with pre-application questions, the application process, and after. All programs have on-staff sites that assist you when you arrive and during your stay.

Like any other big city, Madrid is known for pick pockets. Be careful, especially with your phones.

Social Life:
Spanish nightlife is a big part of their culture--plenty of bars, nightclubs, restaurants.

ISA Staff is the best!

International Studies Abroad is an incredible organization with FANTASTIC people working for them! They helped me with every single thing that I needed, were encouraging, friendly, and great people to get to know.

AWESOME!

I LOVED my program! They had an office right near campus that I could go to for anything. They had textbooks, computers, wi-fi, cultural excursions to sign up for, they had pre-planned trips included in the program price. They were so nice & funny - the people that worked in the office, they knew you by name, I planned a trip to Barcelona & they helped with my flight, hotel, etc. I would definitely recommend this program for anyone studying abroad!!

Madrid!