ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants

ISA Study Abroad in Heredia, Costa Rica

Best Money I've Ever Spent

I went to Costa Rica on a complete whim. I chose my program randomly and ISA's Costa Rica Heredia program was the hands down absolute best experience I could have ever dreamed about. I loved the classes and my professors. The directors are absolutely amazing... They end up as your good friends at the end of your trip. Also, Heredia is a smaller town so I always felt completely safe and it's a short bus ride to San José for travel across the country on weekends. The excursions were great and I always came back feeling refreshed and wanting to explore Costa Rica more. My host family became like my own family and I absolutely adored them; honestly, I can't wait to go back and visit them. I would recommend this program to every single person I meet, especially if they want to improve their Spanish!

The Best Adventure

Studying abroad in Heredia was the best adventure thus far of my life. I did not know signing up that I would soon experience and meet the most influential people of my life. The staff could not have been better nor could the host families. I miss Heredia everyday and dream of returning. The school (LaU) had all the amenities any student could ask for. The teaching staff was very helpful and knowledgeable.
The weekend excursions only made us students want to get out and explore the rest of the country. The excursions were very diverse. I would have stayed a full year if my studies allowed.

Costa Rica was everything I could have asked...

Costa Rica was everything I could have asked for in a study abroad program. Cool people, great staff, amazing teachers, wonderful culture!