ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants

ISA Study Abroad in Gold Coast, Australia

Life-Changing

My experience at Bond University and with ISA was amazing! They began the trip with an amazing orientation at Cairns (home of the great barrier reef) for a week before classes began. The area around Bond, Robina, was very suburban, but many beautiful beaches and beach towns were very near by. The beaches on the Gold Coast are some of the best in the world, so take advantage of them when you are there!

I chose to live in a studio apartment in Varsity Towers, but if I could've done it differently I would've chosen to live on campus in the dorm complexes. The food on campus was good, but the options were not very healthy and were quite expensive. The campus was beautiful and very modern and the teachers were involved and helpful. I had class Monday - Wednesday so that I could travel on the weekends. This was amazing!

I would recommend explore the area that you live and participating in as many on campus social activities as possible so that you can meet locals and other exchange students! Feeling at home in the area is just as important as traveling the country. Take as many opportunities as you can and budget plenty for the trip! Traveling abroad is more expensive than I anticipated, so plan accordingly. Make an effort to meet locals and prepare for sub-par public transportation.

Overall, my experience was phenomenal and I wish I could do it all over again! Good luck!

Study Abroad Down Under

Had the most amazing time of my life. ISA was extremely helpful with getting you to meet people in the program during their orientation. I had classes with other Australians and lived in a community with many people from different cultures as well as a few locals. I loved it so much that I am looking to go to graduate school in Australia.