ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants

ISA Study Abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina

Buenos Aires with ISA: ¡una experiencia inolvidable!

Buenos Aires, Argentina is an amazing, fun and beautiful city. If you are looking to improve your Spanish, learn about another culture, and eat delicious food, you'll be more than happy in Argentina! Although the different accent can be a little tough to get used to at first, the people and the culture are truly fascinating. The ISA staff is there to help you every step of the way, leaving you feeling safe and secure while away from your family.

Once in a lifetime!

It was the best choice for my major. I also wanted to visit/study in South America!

Memorable experience? The people I met! I lived with and met people and got to learn about their culture. Fun all over the world!

Exceeding Expectations

When looking for a study abroad program, I was expecting a lot. I chose ISA because it had everything I wanted: homestays, great excursions, ability to take classes in Spanish, low cost, and awesome support. I had help from the ISA staff from the second I showed interest, and am still in contact with the staff (both in the U.S. and Argentina) to this day.

One of my favorite parts of ISA's program in Buenos Aires was my homestay. My host parents, Carolina and Clavier, were incredible. They were funny, interested in me, great hosts, English-speakers, and had years of experience hosting students like myself. They gave me all the independence I wanted, but we always came together at dinner to speak in Spanish and talk about our days. I learned so much about Argentine culture and history from them, and really felt like I became part of the family.

The ISA staff in Buenos Aires was also incredible. Guillermo, the program director, is extremely knowledgeable about Argentina and South America in general, and is always excited to help students out. Paula helped me find a place that I could volunteer, and also helped me with homework on occasion. Ines was fun and energetic, and led us on some amazing excursions including visits to Iguazu Falls, the Tigre Delta, and the Feria de Mataderos.

Overall, ISA checked off all of the things I was looking for in a program, but also took it a step further. They offered the perfect balance of support and independence. As students we were given the tools we needed to thrive in the city, and could explore on our own after that. It was nice having independence, but also having the office as a safe space to ask questions and solve problems. I'm so happy I chose to go abroad with ISA, and wouldn't have traded my experience for the world!

Paris of the South

My study abroad in Buenos Aires with ISA made me excited to encourage other students to study abroad when I came back. Nothing about BsAs was "Americanized" so I got to truly experience a completely new culture. BsAs in the day is full of museums, dance classes, artesian shopping, and art while the night is completely lit up in city lights with music filling the street from late night dining and clubs. Through my classes, getting around the city, and amazing home stay mom, my Spanish improved quickly and dramatically - which was my main goal for studying abroad.

This was easily one of the greatest, most...

This was easily one of the greatest, most enriching experiences of my life. I've learned and seen more in about three months than I ever dreamed I could.

The best of Argentina

ISA was a fantastic program. I only have wonderful praise for them. They are quick to respond, very helpful, and they offer great services, excursions, and support. The first few days we went through orientation which scared us half to death about the dangers of Buenos Aires, but it was all valuable information intended to keep us safe. The excursion to Iguazu Falls was one of the highlights!

ISA Buenos Aires, Argentina 2014

The city of Buenos Aires has a lot to offer for students and travelers alike. There is always something to do whether its browsing shops in Palermo, roof top lunches, to taking part in cultural events. ISA offers excursions that truly make the experience one of a kind. We took a ferry to El Tigre and spent a day at a private island along El Rio De la Plata and we also visited one of the world's greatest destinations; Iguazu Falls. I recommend traveling through ISA because in any predicament, there will be somebody to assist you whether its on-site or via email (ISA headquarters is based out of Texas). Learning the Spanish language in Buenos Aires is truly an experience as well, you will develop a Porteno/a accent and have many opportunities to immerse yourself into the culture, which makes practicing the language easy and fun!