Volunteer in an Orphanage or Center for At-risk Youth in Ecuador
1-2 Week, 2-4 Week, 5-8 Week, 9-12 Week, 3-6 Month
Throughout the year
Participants in the Ecuador youth programs should be ready to work in a 100% Spanish speaking environment. These programs can accommodate participants with a beginner level of Spanish proficiency. International Volunteers can arrange for language lessons to complement the program. Participants should also be flexible, adaptable and open to experiencing a new culture.
Cost in US$:
Costs vary. Please contact us for details.
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Registration fees
- Written materials pre-departure
Program Fees Include:
* Pre-departure Support: Our staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers and interns to prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the airport in Quito and provided with transportation to their host family.
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a two to three day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Ecuador, city tours, help with transportation, and optional Spanish classes
* In-country Staff Support: Our Ecuador coordinator has years of experience working with visitors to Ecuador. She is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Volunteers will stay with a local host family where they will be provided with a room and breakfast and dinner each day. By living with a family, volunteers will learn about the day to day rhythms of Ecuadorian life first hand as well as sample traditional meals not usually available in restaurants. Host families are eager to welcome volunteers and are a fantastic resource for learning about the local culture and sights.
- Childcare & Children
- English Teaching
- Social Work
- Youth Development
There is no typical international volunteer. We work with people from all over the world and a variety of backgrounds. We have placed volunteers ranging in age from 18-81. Successful volunteers are flexible, upbeat, energetic and inquisitive.
18 and up
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Written Application