Uganda: Wildlife Program
5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks, 3-6 Months
Throughout the year
Participants must have a demonstrated interest in wildlife management, veterinary medicine, or other related field.
Cost in US$:
Price varies. Contact us for information.
Program Fees Include:
* Pre-departure Support: International Volunteers' staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers and interns to prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the airport in Entebbe and given a ride to Iganga where the projects are based
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a one to two day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Uganda, registration with local authorities, using transportation, and the culture of Uganda
* In-country Staff Support: The Uganda coordinator has years of experience working with Ugandan NGOs and international volunteers. He is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Participants stay with a local host family and experience day to day Ugandan family life.
- Animal Welfare
There is no typical international volunteer. We work with people from all over the world and a variety of backgrounds. We have placed volunteers ranging in age from 18-81. Successful volunteers are flexible, upbeat, energetic and inquisitive.
18 and up
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Online Application