Orphanage and Childrens Programs in Cusco - Peru
2-4 Week, 5-8 Week, 9-12 Week, 3-6 Month
Throughout the year
Participants should have an intermediate level of Spanish proficiency. Volunteers with children need to be energetic, patient and motivated.
Cost in US$:
Starting at USD 835 for two weeks
- In-country orientation/Training
- Written materials pre-departure
Program Fees Include:
* Pre-departure Support: International Volunteers staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers and interns to prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the airport in Lima or Cusco and provided with transportation to their accommodations
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a one to two day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Peru, city tours, help with transportation, and optional Spanish classes
* In-country Staff Support: Our Peru coordinator has years of experience working with Peruvian NGOs. She is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Participants stay either with a local host family or in a shared apartment depending on the project.
- Childcare & Children
- English Teaching
- Social Work
- Street Children
- Youth Development
There is no typical international volunteer. We work with people from all over the world and a variety of backgrounds. We have placed volunteers ranging in age from 18-81. Successful volunteers are flexible, upbeat, energetic and inquisitive.
18 and up
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
- Written Application