HIV/AIDS Program near Arusha
2-4 Week, 5-8 Week, 9-12 Week, 3-6 Month
Throughout the year
Cost in US$:
Varies by duration. Contact us for details.
- In-country staff support
- Registration fees
- Written materials pre-departure
Program Fees Include:
* Pre-departure Support: Our staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers and interns to prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the Kilimanjaro airport and provided with transportation to the volunteer house
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a two to three day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Tanzania, city tours, and help with transportation.
* In-country Staff Support: Our Tanzania coordinator has years of experience working with visitors to Tanzania. He is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Volunteers will stay in a volunteer house with the coordinator and his extended family. The house is very comfortable and a refuge from the stresses of village life. At the same time, volunteers get a taste of Tanzanian family life.
- Health Education
There is no typical international volunteer. We work with people from all over the world and a variety of backgrounds. We have placed volunteers ranging in age from 18-81. Successful volunteers are flexible, upbeat, energetic and inquisitive.
18 and up
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Application Process Involves
- Online Application