Wildlife Conservation with IVHQ in Victoria Falls

No words can describe <3

I spent 3 weeks at IVHQ's local organization in Vicfalls, Nakavango Conservation Programme, assisting with their ongoing wildlife conservation projects like game count/monitoring, bird/rhino/elephant ID, alien vegetation removal, soil erosion controls, tree protection, composting & gardening in the private game reserve, which also houses our accommodation - it was safe, clean and staff was all-around helpful and friendly. Couldn't ask for more! Apart from the manual work, we were also given a lovely tour of the Victoria Falls, hiking the Zambezi gorge, and talks about Vultures, Birds identification, and the history of the private game reserve. Thursdays are camp nights out in the reserve, definitely a thrilling experience surviving the night while wild animals are lurking about! Our guides were the BEST, without a doubt. We also visited Jabulani School every Tues to spend time with the students - that was my favourite part for sure. Weekends are free so there's plenty of time for adventure sports and visits to neighboring national parks. The hardest part was saying goodbye to all my lovely new friends - but I'll definitely be back very soon!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review September 30, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Hi Jingying, Thank you for sharing such a detailed first hand account of your experience volunteering with IVHQ in Victoria Falls. We can’t wait to have you back!!