International Volunteer HQ Header Image International Volunteer HQ Header Image

Volunteer with Local NGOs in Cambodia

Amazing Experience! JUST GO FOR IT!

I spent 5 weeks working with an NGO in Cambodia and it was, hands down, the best experience of my life!! From the moment I first applied, IVHQ made sure to provide me with all the information I would need to prepare for my trip, were very quick in responding to my inquiries, and just provided me with continuous support all the time. It was no different once I arrived in Cambodia! The local staff there were very organized, friendly, supportive, helpful, and made sure that they tried their best in making us feel right at home and they sure did succeed! I even had to get my knee stitched at some point and they came with me all the way to the hospital and helped me with all the necessary procedures. While working with the NGO, I truly felt that I was needed there and that they appreciated everything I was doing. This eye-opening experience triggered so many things in me and made me even more keen on working in the development sector later on! The accommodation provided at the volunteer house was excellent. The general atmosphere was amazing, the people I met there were all amazing! I had a blast and I wouldn't have minded staying longer. Actually, I wish I had stayed longer!! I learnt so much during my volunteering experience and I could confidently say that this trip really did change me! Don't hesitate and go for it! Cambodia is an amazing country and I definitely will be traveling with IVHQ again in the future!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review September 30, 2015 at 3:47 PM

Hi Rauda, 'don't hesitate' well said, we couldn't agree with your more! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time volunteering in Cambodia and that both in the lead up to your trip and while in country you were fully supported by IVHQ and our local team. It sounds like you had a truly memorable trip and we hope to see you on another IVHQ program soon.