For many children in India, school is simply not an option as they work the streets with their parents to help stay alive (it is estimated there are 100 million street children in India). Every day, 365 days of the year these children work the streets of Delhi with their parents, selling goods, foraging and performing to make a living.
The Slum Teaching project in India focuses on giving these children some enjoyment in their lives. This program is popular with the children and their families as it gives them opportunities and perspectives on life they would never have otherwise been provided with.
Volunteer work consists of taking basic school lessons, playing with the children, providing medical support for them and introducing them to activities (such as painting) that they would never otherwise have a chance to do.
We have six different Slum Children placements in India; four are located in Faridabad, Delhi, one is in Noida, Delhi and one is in Jaipur.
10 Great Reasons to choose IVHQ for your volunteering experiences:
* Affordability - Low program fees which focus on getting more and more people to volunteer abroad and help those in need!
* Flexibility - We work with you to arrange your trip!
* Quality - High quality programs and great feedback from past volunteers! 5000 volunteers annually cannot be wrong!
* Support - Dedicated IVHQ volunteer abroad program coordinator to help your arrange your trip!
* Safety - All locations and accommodation, vetted by IVHQ staff!
* Friendship - Over 5000 volunteers annually meaning you will meet lots of volunteers to volunteer and socialize with!
* Need - Hundreds of projects around the world that need volunteers!
* Loyalty - Long term partnerships with communities meaning real change!
* Experience - Over 15000 volunteers placed around the world making us one of the world's most experienced organizations!
* Enjoyment - "The best experience of my life!" Thousands of volunteers say this to us every year - we are sure you will too!