Volunteer in School Support Programs in Ecuador

Incredible, Real, Joyous, Comfortable, Empowering

I chose this program because I love kids and wanted to practice my Spanish.

Everytime I spun around 2-year old Vanessa, I saw her smile which I swear was the happiest in the world and I saw her mom smiling, watching us and knew that I was doing an important and appreciated work.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review February 19, 2015 at 4:17 PM

It’s great to read a little about your volunteering experience in Ecuador. We hope to have you volunteer with IVHQ again in the future.

Adventure, Hope, Opportunity, Beautiful, Love

I wanted to come to South America and work with children here.

My memorable experience was with my host family. They have become a part of me and will always have a piece in my life and my heart.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review February 19, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Thanks for the feedback and it’s great to read that you felt well looked after by your host family while in Ecuador. Thanks for volunteering with IVHQ!

Amazing, helpful, real, wonderful, unique

IVHQ was cheap, and my friend showed me it, so I went for it!

It was really remarkable putting smiles on kids' faces!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review February 19, 2015 at 4:04 PM

It’s great to hear that you found us through a friend and that we were able to provide you an affordable option that allowed you to volunteer in Ecuador. We hope to have you on another of our programs again in the future. Thanks for volunteering with IVHQ!

It's an eye-opening experience.

The opportunity to see the behind-the-scenes work of an NGO and volunteer for a good cause.

Getting greeted warmly by the street kids every week we come back as it means they welcome us and what we do. Also, seeing them improved and progress every week is memorable.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review February 19, 2015 at 4:06 PM

It sounds like you had a memorable experience in Ecuador. Thanks for sharing and for volunteering with IVHQ!

Actually making a difference

Honestly, I chose this specific program because it is a lot less expensive than many of the others I was looking at. I choose Ecuador because I wanted to learn more Spanish. And I chose to go through IVHQ because it seemed like they worked with programs that actually made a difference.

The most memorable part of this program, was watching the kids learn and develop, befriending them, and seeing how much they appreciated our help and support. There was one kid that I met in the market who, on my first day was very sad, withdrawn, and unwilling to talk to me. By the end of 2 and a half months, we were buds! He would look to me for help with the activities, and I could get him to laugh. I think he was difficult to reach at first because he was the youngest of several siblings and probably doesn't get that much attention at home. I felt like the time I spent with him really helped him by giving him some of the love and attention he needed, and I am going to miss him now that my program is over.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review February 19, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Hi Alexa, We are glad we were able to provide you with a memorable and affordable volunteer experience - thanks for sharing! We hope to have you on another of our IVHQ programs at some point in the future.

Inspirational, well-organized, amazing, hardwork

I love kids, and I wanted to do something that would make a difference in the lives of the kids who could really use some support so I chose this program.

My memorable experience was seeing how passionate Danny, Alejandro, and Alexandra are about improving the lives of the children. Also, the week we did gender equality I was very impressed by how committed they are to teaching the kids values and encouraging them to think differently.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review February 19, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Thanks for volunteering with IVHQ and for sharing a few thoughts about the local team and your volunteer project in Ecuador.