Volunteer in Healthcare and Medicine in Guatemala

'Guat' you get with IVHQ's healthcare volunteer program

IVHQ's service, passion and commitment to their partner communities is incredible. As an IVHQ volunteer, you get the chance not to just contribute your skills to their programs, but to learn a great deal about the local community and local needs. Our group was able to provide basic medical attention to eight communities in just a week's time, and IVHQ accommodated our desire to perform additional needs assessment for potential engineering projects during our time. Our homestay was amazing, and our host mom was an absolute sweetheart. Without a doubt, I would push my friends (and anyone considering) to volunteer with IVHQ, as it's bound to be one of the best experiences of your life.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review March 30, 2015 at 5:05 PM

Hi Ryan, Thanks for your review!! It’s always great to hear that what we we provide is what volunteers want. It sounds like you and your group had a fantastic experience and were truly immersed in the local community and culture in Guatemala. Thanks for volunteering with IVHQ, we hope to see you on another of our programs again soon.

Alotenango and San Lucas Clinics

I worked at the Alotenango clinic for three weeks this summer. It was unbelievably awesome! I shadowed the doctor and even got to do my own consultation.
For the next three weeks, I worked at the clinic in San Lucas, right outside of Guatemala City. I worked in the Pre- consulta area, where I weighed people, took PB and height and checked glucose levels.
Both clinics gave me a huge understanding of the Guatemalan health care system. I am so thankful for being placed here too!
IVHQ was super easy to work with, and it was actually pretty inexpensive compared to other volunteer programs out there. Definitely highly recommended!